NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Facial Hair? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/143632-facial-hair.html)

Blessings2You 01-22-2011 08:48 PM

Facial Hair?

What is your preference concerning facial hair on men? Clean-shaven? 5 o'clock shadow? Moustache only? Goatee? Full beard?

I was watching something on TV that reminded me how much my Mom appreciated the look of a man with a beard. Guy Penrod, Kenny Rogers, Dan Haggerty...and her VERY favorite was William Lee Golden. :D

When my Dad went to work for a company that had a no-facial hair policy and shaved his "whiskers", my Mom cried.

SallyC 01-22-2011 09:06 PM

I like the clean shaven smooth look and feel.:)

KajunButterfly 01-22-2011 11:05 PM

I just LOVE a man with facial hair...but, its gotta be kept neat!

legzzalot 01-23-2011 12:13 AM

I am with SalPal. I do not like facial hair. I am a clean shaven nice aftershave kinda girl

Erin524 01-23-2011 12:15 AM

My boyfriend has a goatee. I've told him that if he ever shaves it off, I wont kiss him again till it grows back.

Strangely enough tho, as much as I like him with facial hair, I really like it when he shaves off the hair on top of his head. I dont know why that is. I like him bald with a goatee. If he's got peach fuzz on top of his head it's ok, but I dont like his hair grown out a lot. Good thing he prefers the shaved head look.

Jomar 01-23-2011 12:52 AM

Some guys need a bit of nicely maintained beard to balance out a strong nose or weak chin..

Us gals don't have that option..:(

At first glance I was thinking this thread was about women w/ a few unwanted facial hairs....:o

SallyC 01-23-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 737615)
At first glance I was thinking this thread was about women w/ a few unwanted facial hairs....:o

Me too..LOL!

Kitty 01-23-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 737615)

Me too!! I thought we were going to be discussing who does what to get rid of it! :o

DH always had a moustache/goatee (the kind that connect) but it was kept very neat and close shaven. I remember once he shaved the whole thing off. :eek: I was shocked.....and it was so weird because I had never seen him without it. It was like looking at a different person. I didn't like it and neither did he so he grew it back.

Dejibo 01-23-2011 08:51 AM

I like clean shaven, but the DH has had a mustache since he was a toddler. He refuses to shave it. The Marine corp insisted he shave it off, and keep it off, but when he left the corp it came right back.

Earl 01-23-2011 09:21 AM

I also thought it

Was about women with facial hair..... you got us...

I have had some sort of facial hair for about 20 years. In the beginning I had a mustache, then went full face.

Now (and since 1993) I have a full beard (trimmed to a #2 guard on my clipper) from Oct - April for the cold cold Arizona winters, and shave it back to a van dyke in the spring/summer.

(it's a little pet p of mine) that most people call van dyke's "goatee's". A Goatee is hair on the chin minus the mustache. My dad taught me that as a kid and I never forgot it. LOL-he taught me that because he can't grow anything but a mustache.

I have never gone mustacheless, so always have had at least a van dyke, (sometimes called a circle beard).

Laura HATES my facial hair, one day about 4 years ago I shaved it clean off. I expected her to come from work and scream with joy- she DID NOT NOTICE for 3 days, yeah, i grew it back. I told her "since you didn't even notice, my beard must not bother you too much". Oh well, I won, she lost, LOL. Now she gets on me if I let it go too long.

In November I participated in "No Shave November" along with all the men of my church, we had a contest-who could grow the biggest beard in 30 days, we raised about $6700 for our church in the contest. my pastor won, he looked like he had a Garibaldi when he was done. I have pic's somewhere. If you don't know what a Garibaldi is, here is a website with most beard styles in pictures:

http://www.dyers.org/blog/beards/beard-types/