NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Dr. Sanders Pectorial Procedure (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/14395-dr-sanders-pectorial-procedure.html)

annhere 02-27-2007 11:39 PM

Dr. Sanders Pectorial Procedure

Hello,

Has anyone out there had the procedure done before?

If so what is the recovery?

Can you drive right away?

Is your arm in a sling?

How long do you do PT?

Thanks,
Ann

dreambeliever128 02-28-2007 03:16 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure what surgery you are talking about. It's been so long since I had mine by Dr. Sanders. I had my first rib removed on the right side in 1999 or 2000. I can't even remember the year. LOL It is a long healing but I never had my arm in a slang. As far as PT. I think it just depends on how long it takes to get a person feeling better. I spent almost a year in PT before the surgery and I finally figured out that I was not going to get well without surgery. I used a tens unit that he got for me. I slept in a recliner for quite awhile after but I had so much trouble taking meds that I basically had to heal without meds. I would have done better if I could have done meds. My PCP and Dr. Sanders worked together to get me better.

In 2004, I had 3 inches of muscle taken out from under my left arm to help with the chest pain and also if that way worked I didn't have to have the rib removed on that side. It did ok.

I am vertually painfree today. I never thought I'd get as far as I am today. I have my RSDS calmed down and my TOS. I am getting ready to have an implant put in for depression. I will get a block before that surgery to insure that the RSDS doesn't come back out.

I have a 2 inch cut at the base of my neck and a 3 inch scar under my left arm. He did great with me. I was blessed to have him and my PCP taking care of me.
I for got to say that as far as the driving. Bill took me most places even before the surgery. I can't remember how long it was before I started driving after the sugery.

It depends on also if you have any other illnesses you are dealing with. That could slow down your healing. I had too much going on at one time.

Ada

LA31 03-08-2007 05:02 AM

I am looking for the best doctor to treat my TOS. Is Dr. Sanders worth traveling to Denver for. I live in Los Angeles. thank you so much.

dreambeliever128 03-08-2007 02:26 PM

Hi LA1,

Dr. Sanders is one of the best in CO.

As I said, I have had 2 surgeries by him and I am doing great today. No redo's for me. I have my RSD in remission and my TOS is calmed down 99%.

For years I never thought I'd be able to do anything with my arms and hands again. I couldn't wear a bra. I was to the point that I was suicidal from the pain.

The weather has changed on me today and I am dealing with leg pain, I believe it is the fibro acting up.

I am very happy at where I am at and Dr. Sanders worked with my PCP to get me through the 6 years that I have delt with the TOS.

If I couldn't find a good TOS Dr. in Ca. then I would definatly go to see Dr. Sanders.

Ada

Sorry I left out the 3 in your title.