NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Do you watch Soap operas? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/144111-watch-soap-operas.html)

Dejibo 01-31-2011 09:39 AM

Do you watch Soap operas?

A friend of mine asked how I can be home all day and not watch soap operas. I admit many moons ago when I was in my early twenties I would watch Guiding Light, and followed it like it was part of my life. I got busy with kids, husbands, school, work and real life and havent turned on the soaps since.

Do you watch the soaps?

Kitty 01-31-2011 09:40 AM

No. Years ago when my oldest DS was a baby I watched Days of Our Lives. Religiously. Planned my day around it! :o Now, I don't watch any of them.

kicker 01-31-2011 09:58 AM

I don't watch soaps but admit to being really into somre primetimes shows (not reality TV though)

I hear soaps may be gone someday though as they continue to lose audiences. I once watched Oprah and Dr. Phil and now can't stand either. Life and tastes change.

mochagirl13 01-31-2011 11:20 AM

Soaps not what they used to be.

I used to watch soaps growing up, summers, vacations and during undergrad. I have Soapnet now and a DVR but they don't interest me anymore. If Soapnet reran Dynasty, I'd DVR it. Or if they reran classic soap lines like Luke & Laura or Demi Moore when she used to be on General Hospital.:)

SallyC 01-31-2011 12:09 PM

Used to watch All My Children, pretty religiously, since it's start, when Erica was about 17, but I found too much real stuff going on in my own life. I just find them boring, now.:)

Dejibo 01-31-2011 01:07 PM

Thanks! I am glad to know I am not the only one who avoids them. I have several friends who are really hooked on them, and use DVRs and such to catch up a week at a time. I just cant imagine being hooked on such stuff again.

I do enjoy other shows like Lost or ER or House but those tend to wrap up and go away after a bit. now with only House on I find myself able to search for movies to watch at night instead of the PM shows.

Aarcyn 01-31-2011 01:11 PM

I am a VERY vapid person with my tv watching selection!

I have watched All My Children & One Life to Live since I was in high school. Erica was a teenager and Vicki had more than one personality.

My childhood friend and I would go off campus to her house for lunch (she had better food in her fridge) and eat tuna fish sandwiches, potato chips and a dessert of jello fingers. Good times.

There have been years I have not watched due to work and kids but not a lot ever happens so it is easy to catch up.

It is wonderful to see some actors go from daytime to a night time series or become a "star."

But I love my soaps.

Yes, truth be told, I am very shallow and watch daily drama!:)

Dejibo 01-31-2011 01:14 PM

@ aarcyn :hug: you are NOT shallow because you watch soaps. many people love them and schedule them into their day and their lives, I simply cant do it.

There is NO shame in being hooked on the soaps. I hope I didnt offend anyone with my topic. Just because I cant see myself doing it, doesnt mean it isnt wonderful for someone else.

:hug:

SallyC 01-31-2011 01:42 PM

Let's face it, if we're not hooked on daytime soaps anymore, some of us (me) are hooked on nighttime soaps...for example-The Good Wife, Southland, The Closer, House....etc...:eek::D:cool:

viseeu 01-31-2011 02:53 PM

LOL! I record days of our lives every day, then once a week ago watch a bit and erase the rest :rolleyes:

I love watching it because it is: mindless, unrealistic, and senseless, so I can float thru them