NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Weather - Blizzard conditions midwest USA (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/144152-weather-blizzard-conditions-midwest-usa.html)

Jomar 01-31-2011 10:24 PM

Weather - Blizzard conditions midwest USA

I hope all our members & their families in the areas of the storm will be safe.
Let us know how you are doing if you can.

[[The National Weather Service issued a blizzard warning and hazardous weather outlook for the Chicago area, calling for frigid temperatures, wind gusts as high as 50 miles per hour and heavy snow on Tuesday.

The storm could be the biggest since a 1967 blizzard paralyzed the city, Chicago officials said.]]
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...70U4NP20110201

ewizabeth 02-01-2011 01:30 AM

I'm driving 60 miles tomorrow for training, taking 2 of my co-workers. This is N. Illinois, we are tough. I've done this for decades. :rain: We need a blizzard smiley, lol.

Lara 02-01-2011 05:47 AM

Keep safe everyone.

Kitty 02-01-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 740389)
I'm driving 60 miles tomorrow for training, taking 2 of my co-workers. This is N. Illinois, we are tough. I've done this for decades. :rain: We need a blizzard smiley, lol.

Wiz......you're no match for a blizzard! :eek: Please be safe and I hope you have a back up plan if you get stuck away from home.

Wren 02-01-2011 07:50 AM

It's starting right here ... I feel OK, scared but OK .... I bought two cases of cat food to be prepared. :p

Dejibo 02-01-2011 08:25 AM

We are expecting massive amounts of snow fall and blizzard warns have just gone up around here too. NH is used to snow, but this is crazy!

Jomar 02-01-2011 12:41 PM

The weather guys around here - OR & WA - kept saying we should expect some severe storms due to la Nina this year - but I think they are going over or around us and hitting the mid west & east coast.

Of course now that I posted this , I probably jinxed the west coast...:o

Kitty 02-01-2011 12:56 PM

It's raining here in GA but severe t-storms are expected this afternoon/evening. The temps are in the 40's and 50's. Friday is forecast for a "wintry mix". :rolleyes:

Debbie D 02-01-2011 04:46 PM

Wren, I hope the cat food is for the cat...

I remember the '67 blizzard...I was 11. Had a ball jumping off of my swimming pool ladder into the snow...about 6" below the top stair:p I remember shoveling out a space for my dad's car and putting chairs in place, Chicago-style. He took awhile to get home. My sister swears he drove the car home; I remember him taking a bus and having to walk a couple of miles. Whatever...:rolleyes:

Stocked up on lots of food yesterday, then went back today and got some more. What is it about storms that brings out the hoarder in us? I'm going to make some chili today; DH will welcome it after he attempts to plow. Thank God he was wise enough to come home at 2 pm; the storm was supposed to crank up after 3, but it's been bad since about 2:15.

My neuro appt. for tomorrow was cancelled, as well as DH's tooth extraction. Phew...no way will any of us be able to get around anyway. Lake Michigan shoreline in Chicago is supposed to get 20" high waves!!:eek: Lots of lake-enhanced snow, too, which will make it even worse.

Well, have a safe one, all!!

mrsD 02-01-2011 05:17 PM

It is almost upon us.... We are just North of the ICE predictions.

I can live with snow.... but we cannot live with ICE...

If we lose power, we are just too old for that again. We had an ice storm years ago and we had no power for 4 days... I went into a hypothyroid crisis that time!

I feel for those in that ICE belt! Stay safe!