NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   its snowing...again, or should I say still (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/144177-snowing.html)

Dejibo 02-01-2011 08:24 AM

its snowing...again, or should I say still

most of the country has gotten way more than the norm for snow. Many towns are running out of snow removal money and yet here is a monster storm (or 2) knocking on our doors. We here in NH are expcting about 6 inches with the first storm and a foot of more with the second storm. We have run out of room to store the stuff! my mail box is buried, and its up past my deck.

I DONT want to return to 100 degree days but I surely would like to at least see sun. Here in NH the sun goes away in October and we dont see it again till April. Many here are on vitD suppliments. We simply dont have enough strength in the sun to allow our bodies to create what we need. Sad huh?

Is it snowing at your house? How much are you expecting?

soxmom 02-01-2011 09:45 AM

blech...its snowing, 8 inches expected today and over a foot expected
tomorrow..:mad::( we have a generator but not a very big one. We have
lots of wood for a fire....just afraid the ice might creep up to our neck of'
the woods.

Everyone stay safe!!!!:hug:

Kitty 02-01-2011 09:48 AM

Ugh.....I feel for ya'll. And here I though our measly little 6" last month was bad! Well, for GA it is. :rolleyes:

I pray that your power doesn't go out. At least when you have electricity and heat you can survive indoors.

Please, everyone, keep your pets inside!!

mochagirl13 02-01-2011 10:13 AM

Not just snow, a blizzard.

We are gearing up for a Blizzard with expected totals of about 23 inches with whiteout conditions. The forecast is for the snow to start about 3pm today and last until sometime tomorrow. The forecasters are saying that the snow may fall at a rate of 2-3 inches per hour and if you don't have to drive, don't. They showed the grocery stores with bare shelves in anticipation of the storm. I laughed because I do most of my shopping on the weekends, while most people are sleeping in. I can't sleep anyway so why not get something done.:winky:

The airlines have already cancelled flights for this evening and tomorrow. Whatever happens, I am ready.

SallyC 02-01-2011 10:24 AM

Northern Ohio is getting the snow and we're getting the freezing rain and Ice.:eek: I'd rather have snow.:( All the schools are closed and most of the town too.:rolleyes:

My Grands will all be home from school and the oldest grand is in the hospital (some sort of food poisoning) and supposed to come home today, in the ice storm.:eek: The DD will have to stay home to care for them, 'cause her DH is ill.....and of course, I'm of no help.:mad:

OK my rant is over....thanks, Dej for the opportunity..:D:hug:

Kitty 02-01-2011 10:40 AM

Sally, I hope everyone recovers well. Maybe the hospital is the best place to be during all of this.....at least they have generators and power. :Dunno:

Dejibo 02-01-2011 12:26 PM

We have 4 to 5 inches on the ground so far and are expecting another 12 to 15. Power is still on, and most folks stayed home and emptied the grocery store shelves yesterday. I have food, water, and pet food. Jack and Lily are busy watching the turkeys trying to get their fill before they go hunker down for the storm.

Anyone else covered in snow?

I would rather have snow than ice anyday!

viseeu 02-01-2011 03:31 PM

rain & thunderstorms here, no ice hopefully and it looks like 3/4 of the country is in areas that could get massive amounts of ice = no power & a mess.

the snow at your home is bee u tee ful Dej! I loved seeing it during my visits, love the "pictures" you send (it's real purdy) and I love you more than my luggage but aint no way I'm coming to visit with that white chit on the ground! :D