NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   ketamine or lidocain cream!??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/14439-ketamine-lidocain-cream.html)

RSD_Angel 02-28-2007 01:07 PM

ketamine or lidocain cream!???

Ok, i know that there are a couple of you out there that have this cream and have it made by your pharm's. Can anyone tell me what its called and if you have how to order it ?? I have to call my doc with this but he doenst know how to RX it since he hasnt used it before, but is willing to give it a try for me!!

Thanks!;)
:Head-Spin: ~Angel

HopeLivesHere 02-28-2007 03:45 PM

My compounding pharmacy provides Ketamine 10% and Lidocaine 10% patch.
Looks like a very large bandaid, doesn't hurt to take it off either. I've tried to go without it but the sensitivity is too bad. The numbness last for awhile after you take it off while bathing, so that is nice.
Hope

tayla4me 03-01-2007 05:44 AM

Hi Angel,

Here in Australia we have a gel/cream made from Ketamine/Clonidine/Amitriptyline.
All of our major compound pharmacies will make it up to the doctor's prescription. We have quite a few people using it with great success.
Hope this helps:hug:

Debs 03-01-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD_Angel (Post 75148)
Ok, i know that there are a couple of you out there that have this cream and have it made by your pharm's. Can anyone tell me what its called and if you have how to order it ?? I have to call my doc with this but he doenst know how to RX it since he hasnt used it before, but is willing to give it a try for me!!

Thanks!;)
:Head-Spin: ~Angel

I used lidoderm patches in the past. No messy creams and they work really well. Worth a shot if your insurance will cover them.
Debs

RSD_Angel 03-01-2007 12:18 PM

Have tried using the patches.. cant stand them on my leg and foot... the coolness and then pulling them off.. still drives it up a notch.. i use them on my back where the RSD spread, but not all the time... really dont feel anyting from them that much...??

Thanks.. i thought there were people on a like ketamine cream and lido cream here in the states???

Ok.. gotta get ready for this storm that we are getting.. supposed to get more flooding and inch of ice on the ground.. have to get the essentials...lol

TTYL's

~~Angel

CZZ74 03-01-2007 01:28 PM

Mines a gel

Mine is a gel its fantastic for burning, edema, alloydina, several items in it the pharmacists mixes it to meet your specific pain. Its from Custom Meds1-352-341-1212 they ship UPS after your doctor sends them a scripts. They also have a website. goodluck Ive been using this product for 4 years- cant make it without it.

daylilyfan 03-01-2007 09:20 PM

long post

I made a really long post about my experiences with creams a few weeks ago in response to another post.

to save space and keep from repeating myself, I'll copy it and private message it to you..ok?

Jules

Attybg 03-02-2007 06:16 PM

My cream is 15% Ketamine, 10% Lidocaine and 2% Clonidine. I rub it in twice a day. I started using it a week ago; so far it has not reduced my pain very much. Attybg (Bruce) Good luck

InHisHands 03-02-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD_Angel (Post 75459)
Have tried using the patches.. cant stand them on my leg and foot... the coolness and then pulling them off.. still drives it up a notch.. i use them on my back where the RSD spread, but not all the time... really dont feel anyting from them that much...??

Just an idea- can you: instead of pulling them off, wet them, and then they'll slip off real nicely? :)

Sometimes I don't feel like they help much, but at other times I know they help. :winky:

CZZ74 03-03-2007 07:26 AM

Just noticed that yoiu wanted the ingredients for the gel

sorry about that, mine includes-Ketamine, Gabapentin, Clonidine, EMLA, Amitriptyline, Ketoprofen and Baclofen. Hope this helps. Oh and I apply 4 times per day to the worst burning area of the day.
Take care Angel.