NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   "Fully Favorable" - wha? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/144530-favorable-wha.html)

lenneth 02-08-2011 02:47 AM

"Fully Favorable" - wha?

I just got a random letter from Disability stating the judge from my botched (botched because he threw me out for being unrepresented)hearing stated that my case decision was "fully favorable".

I'm not sure what that means, or what happens after this. Does this mean I won? There isn't anything else? No other hurdles? I'm done? Or am I waaaay ahead of myself.

Anyone who's been there and can tell me what to expect would be appreciated greatly.

gabbycakes 02-08-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenneth (Post 742389)
I just got a random letter from Disability stating the judge from my botched (botched because he threw me out for being unrepresented)hearing stated that my case decision was "fully favorable".

I'm not sure what that means, or what happens after this. Does this mean I won? There isn't anything else? No other hurdles? I'm done? Or am I waaaay ahead of myself.

Anyone who's been there and can tell me what to expect would be appreciated greatly.

"Fully Favorable" = you won...You will get a follow up letter breaking down you benefits, any backpay you are entitled to, and your medicare info. If I remember correctly it's about 30 days of less before the next step. You should have a case worker at your local social security office that could tell you better then I. But once you get that "Fully Favorable" decision you are now on social security. Congrats..

Gabbycakes

legalmania 02-08-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbycakes (Post 742400)
"Fully Favorable" = you won...You will get a follow up letter breaking down you benefits, any backpay you are entitled to, and your medicare info. If I remember correctly it's about 30 days of less before the next step. You should have a case worker at your local social security office that could tell you better then I. But once you get that "Fully Favorable" decision you are now on social security. Congrats..

Gabbycakes

He threw you out for not having representation? How un -American. It sounds like you were found disabled. I would call my local office and ask them, how much, when, where and how. Sorry your sick, hope you can collect with no problem.

Shellback 02-08-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbycakes (Post 742400)

Gabbycakes

I agree with Gabbycakes. Welcome to the forum :)

finz 02-08-2011 11:06 AM

Hi Lenneth,

Welcome to NT ! I hope that you get the paperwork soon explaining the financial details of the fully favorable decision.

lenneth 02-08-2011 12:18 PM

So it's a good thing, then. I really wasn't sure because of all the legal-ese mumbo jumbo.

There isn't anything else? It did say something non-medical requirements...

What a confusing letter! Jeez.

It's been well over 2 years fighting, and nobody taking me seriously.

As it's all female squishy ick related, I'm sure you understand me being unable to tell you my problems.

I can say I do have cervical cancer too, on top of all that - and in this nation, a kid my age can't get it removed due to red tape. Looong rant there, don't get me started.

I'm well aware that I wasn't supposed to live past age 19. I'm 23 now, and they're saying that I may not see my 25th birthday.

And yet, I "wasn't" disabled, and treated like a drama queen lying criminal during this entire process.

So I guess I won. Huh. I guess I still don't believe it. There's gotta be a catch.

finz 02-08-2011 06:18 PM

The non medical requirements are if you were working and paying into social security before you became disabled.

lenneth 02-08-2011 08:25 PM

I was...but only like 2 years at a fast food joint. I doubt that's enough... oh dear. =(

legalmania 02-08-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenneth (Post 742708)
I was...but only like 2 years at a fast food joint. I doubt that's enough... oh dear. =(

Your so young, it's amazing the attitude you have. I don't know how I would be. Most likely very bitter. We are trying to get a social network going but it's really hard, nobody seems to be on at the same time. If you want to talk go to Stress and Emotion of SS, we'll be happy to talk.

finz 02-08-2011 09:04 PM

Social Security work credits are based on your total yearly wages or self-employment income. You can earn up to four credits each year.

The amount needed for a credit changes from year to year. In 2011, for example, you earn one credit for each $1,120 of wages or self-employment income. When you've earned $4,480, you've earned your four credits for the year.

Before age 24--You may qualify if you have 6 credits earned in the 3-year period ending when your disability starts.