NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   new to site - hello to theshortarm (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/144723-site-hello-theshortarm.html)

theshortarm 02-10-2011 04:49 PM

new to site

I was injured in 1991. A car hoist came down and broke my right shoulder, clavical. I have had 8 surgerys. Two of them were bone grafts from my hips. I spent 5-6 years in either a uper body cast or airplane brace. My last surgery was in 1998. I have lived with cronic pain from the start, as i am geting older other med prolbem are acuring, i was just rx with tos.:(

Jomar 02-10-2011 06:57 PM

Hello & welcome,

I thought I'd make you a thread of your own here , for hello's and all.:)
Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

sandy1955 02-10-2011 07:46 PM

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through and are now facing with the TOS diagnosis. Hang in there. It's a long road as I'm sure you know. This forum offers lots of info, insight, and support,

astern 02-10-2011 09:29 PM

:hug: hello and welcome to you shortarm!

theshortarm 02-11-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astern (Post 743377)
:hug: hello and welcome to you shortarm!

Thanks your quote is what i say to people all day, not only do i have a short arm, i also walk with a limp, my spine and hips took the preasure of the hoist at least they did not brake. (yea!);)

theshortarm 02-11-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy1955 (Post 743366)
I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through and are now facing with the TOS diagnosis. Hang in there. It's a long road as I'm sure you know. This forum offers lots of info, insight, and support,

as atren says it is what it is, anyway thanks. i have read a lot of posts and trying to figure out all deferant things on the site thank for the welcome:)

theshortarm 02-11-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 743347)
Hello & welcome,

I thought I'd make you a thread of your own here , for hello's and all.:)
Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

thanks,:) because of my injury more than one part of my body is a train wreeck, so i am not sure if tos cause pain in my neck.from what i have read it seems so. how and why do you know:confused:

Jomar 02-11-2011 01:20 PM

With the multiple injuries you that have, I think someone, or a team that will look at the whole picture is what is needed.

I don't know how you feel about chiropractic.?.. expert only of course, but it does sound like things probably did get quite a hit and part of the problem could be misalignments.. even the c1, c2 = upper cervical.
see www.upcspine.com for info on that.

most Drs seem to have a bias or totally ignore that sometimes chiropractic can help, esp if/when surgery or meds aren't doing the job.

Or advanced PT can do a comprehensive eval for you, some even study adjusting the spine or can use other types of bodywork/pressures to adjust.

You'll have to do some searching and calling to locate the really talented experts.

theshortarm 02-13-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 743555)
With the multiple injuries you that have, I think someone, or a team that will look at the whole picture is what is needed.

I don't know how you feel about chiropractic.?.. expert only of course, but it does sound like things probably did get quite a hit and part of the problem could be misalignments.. even the c1, c2 = upper cervical.

most Drs seem to have a bias or totally ignore that sometimes chiropractic can help, esp if/when surgery or meds aren't doing the job.

Or advanced PT can do a comprehensive eval for you, some even study adjusting the spine or can use other types of bodywork/pressures to adjust.

You'll have to do some searching and calling to locate the really talented experts.

my surgons have ask me not to see chiropratics, because the have change my anatomy, the removed bones , mucle and legimaits. i can ice, heat and i do see a masues. thanks for your input i will keep looking for some type of relife.:)