NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   copaxone and skin tags (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/145155-copaxone-skin-tags.html)

Dejibo 02-17-2011 07:21 PM

copaxone and skin tags

while on copaxone I developed several skin tags, and then ended up with some eye stuff that really got me upset. My eyes were so dry I could hardly blink, and then I got a few skin tags along the lash line along with blocked oil ducts. miserable time.

Since going off the copaxone my eyes have improved alot, and I snapped off a few of those tags on my own, but had one humdinger left behind. I had an appiontment with the eye surgeon today as a check up and she said my ON is improving and she is happy, but then offered to remove that thing on my lash line.

Long story short, I let her numb me up and cut the thing off. OUCH!!! :eek:

anyone else get skin tags while on Copaxone? Mine have stopped now that I stopped taking it, and the MDs told me I was off the beaten path to blame C for them, but its right there in their own literature! skin tags! funny, never had um before C and havent had um since! im glad this huge thing is gone, but wow o wow is it sore!

SallyC 02-17-2011 10:25 PM

I had to look up skin tags...lol. Yes I have them, but I didn't know it was caused by Copaxone.:mad:

I tie a thread around the base/stem and pull it tight. Sometimes they come off at once and sometimes they fall off later. I had a big one on my booby.:eek:..It finally came off.

I noticed that after starting LDN, I didn't get them anymore. Others on LDN noticed it too.

Erin524 02-18-2011 02:33 AM

So that's where that thing on my left arm came from...

I already had one on my ummm....chest...that's been there since my middle 20s, it's not as bad as the one on my arm and I'm not letting anyone cut it off.

I wonder if duct tape would help removing it? I removed a wart on my ring finger about 7yrs ago by putting a little dime sized piece of duct tape on it, with a bandaid around the tape so people wouldnt ask why I had duct tape on my finger. Took about two weeks, but the wart disappeared and has never come back. (saved me a doctor's visit to get it burned off, and I dont have a scar)

Dejibo 02-18-2011 10:32 AM

I noticed when on copaxone that I started getting them. my back, my underarm, my booby, and then on my face! it ended up that I had several along the lash line of my eyes. I snapped several off by grabbing them with tweezers, and courage. This last one was wide and flat and it was quite painful to grab. I didnt have the courage. The eye surgeon told me it was on top of 2 blocked oil ducts which were quite swollen under it and that was why it was so painful for me. She numbed me up and worked for several minutes with the teeniest pair of scissors I ever saw. Im so glad that thing is gone.

Alot of the sx I had with copaxone were right there in the literature, but of course the MDs would just pishaw at me when I would bring it up. Well, dangit! if its in THEIR literature, it must be something, yes? Im happy to be done with it.

Kitty 02-18-2011 10:38 AM

Sometimes the side effects from the medication are worse than the symptoms of the illness you're trying to treat. :rolleyes: What gets me is the ridiculous cost of these meds.

Catch 02-18-2011 12:00 PM

I've got skin tags, but nothing like that, and I had mine before starting copaxone. Now I will be watching for them. Cool, yet another side effect I was not aware of. Cross my fingers I don't start getting them on my eyes:eek:.

tkrik 02-18-2011 12:17 PM

Wow! I'm sorry to hear you had to have them removed from you eye area. OUCH is right!

I know that the older we get, skin tags are part of the "wonderful" aging process and I do have a couple on my neck but I never associated it with C. So, I don't know if I got them because of the C. *tkrik trying to think back to 5 years ago and what her neck looked like. OOOPPPS! tkrik blew a fuse thinking that far back.*:D I am going to venture and guess that the ones I have are not from the C but from my normal aging process.

I am interested to hear what others have to say about C and skin tags.

TwoKidsTwoCats 02-18-2011 01:45 PM

I have a few, but the condition tends to run in my dad's side of the family anyway. So I can't blame the C for all of them. They are exactly where the elastic parts of my bra rub too.. rib cage and underarm area. Come to think of it the really small ones on my neck disappeared after stopping C. hmmmm??

SallyC 02-18-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats (Post 745661)
Come to think of it the really small ones on my neck disappeared after stopping C. hmmmm??

Me too, come to think of it or maybe the LDN? Who cares, they're gone..:D

doydie 02-20-2011 12:08 AM

One time I had a small skin tag on my neck. My daughters love the kind of pet shop that allow the birds in the aviary to be free and you can put your arm out and they come to you. Well one day we were in her favorite pet shop and a bird came and sat on my shoulder and picked my skin tag off!!!!!