NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I am P***ED! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/146600-am-ed.html)

SallyC 03-14-2011 12:30 PM

I am P***ED!

I guess I'm going to Die with MS. Big Pharma have no intention of showing us a cure until they've bled us dry of all our wordly goods, first.:rolleyes: That probably means, we will all die with MS.:mad:

Not that MS will cause our death, just that it will be our companion in death, just as is is in life.:rolleyes::mad:

Where do we protest this unfairness? To whom do we complain? From where will we get truthful answers? Aren't you a little P***ED?

Kitty 03-14-2011 01:14 PM

It's probably not in Big Pharma's "best interest financially" to offer us something that would either cure it or otherwise keep us from having to depend on some sort of med. It's all about the big bucks. :mad: Makes me mad, too.

SallyC 03-14-2011 01:22 PM

Yes, but I want answers, Kell. I want someone to have the guts to come forward and tell me that I am wrong or right, in my assumption and what they intend to do about it.:mad:

The only way that big pharms is going to come up with something that really works is to stop taking the meds that aren't working.

Kitty 03-14-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 752916)
The only way that big pharms is going to come up with something that really works is to stop taking the meds that aren't working.

Well, I've done my part..........:rolleyes:. None of the meds they've offered so far have done me any good.

Erin524 03-14-2011 03:23 PM

I've stopped taking anything for my MS. Including the baclofen. I'm now using exercise, physical therapy, and beating up the Mii characters in my Wii, as a way to deal with spasticity. (I really enjoy beating on the Mii characters in the sword fighting game)

Now the only medications that I take are the occasional migraine pill and some Tylenol or ibuprofen.

I'm still wobbly walking a bit, but not as bad as I had been. I had a really good day friday. Went to PT, and when I walked in, I was carrying my cane, twirling it like a baton, and did great on most of my exercises. Today I'll be dragging myself in there, but at least friday I was able to walk nearly normally.

My neuro kind of ruined any faith I had in any of the MS meds when he told me once that he didnt think any of the injectibles worked. That was just before I quit stabbing myself with the C. (I pretty much quit it that night) At least he told me the truth about his personal opinion of the stabby drugs. (he's a very old neuro and is a bit old school. Doesnt order MRI's every time there's a change. He can figure out where my problems are coming from by my telling him what's not working right)

Blessings2You 03-14-2011 06:14 PM

I try (not usually successfully) to avoid being angry. Some people can channel anger well, God bless 'em. My daughter, for example, can get her dander up and use it constructively. She becomes more articulate, more determined, more energized.

Me, not so much. If I let myself get really p.o.'d, it tends to spiral out of control, and I just end up with a stomachache and humongous anxiety. I totally agree with you, though.

Debbie D 03-14-2011 08:08 PM

I want to buy a paintball gun and go find every politician and corporate head that is making our lives miserable and get their suits ruiined with bright pink paint...or maybe I should use orange in honor of MS;)

They don't make enough paintballs in the world however:rolleyes:

SallyC 03-15-2011 01:13 PM

Where would we picket big pharma? At their labs or at the pharmacy? The FDA?

Or maybe we could do a 200,000 Person MS march on Washington!!:eek:

mochagirl13 03-15-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 753175)
Where would we picket big pharma? At their labs or at the pharmacy? The FDA?

Or maybe we could do a 200,000 Person MS march on Washington!!:eek:

If you did the march on Washington, I would march with you as long as I could.

AynaDee 03-15-2011 04:17 PM

I couldn't agree more!

I hate the shots, I don't feel they're working, I feel they're doing more damage than help. I hate the other drugs on the market that cause manic moods, depression, weight gain, thrush, and many other problems.

I hate that they charge so much for the medication when we don't know if it's going to work.

I hate that when money is donated to find a cure for MS, the money is used for paying employee's, for their luncheons and for more info on the drugs instead of RESEARCHING THE DISEASE AND UNDERSTANDING IT FIRST.

Why are we looking for a cure before we even really know what MS is?

Don't get me wrong, I want a cure for this lifelong disease, I really do, but I would much rather have a better understanding of what the disease is in itself before we get a cure.

I hate MS and what it's done to my body.
And I hate the pharmaceutical drugs for what they have done to my body.

It's genuinely a catch 22, and that's lame.

BOOOOO!!!!! to MS :mad: