NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSDI Quality Review? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/146611-ssdi-quality-review.html)

untilthebell 03-14-2011 04:25 PM

SSDI Quality Review?

Today I called SSDI to get an update on my husbands SSDI case. SSA told me a decision has been made but his case was randomly picked for Quality review.

Two weeks ago my husbands case worker seemed to be hinting that in her opinion he may win this case, now its in quality review until late May 2011!!

Has anybody here had this happen to them? If so what was the outcome? Does my husband have to start over with SSDI mental exams and more?

The stress!!!

Hoosier_Daddy 03-14-2011 11:28 PM

Yes this happened to me in 2008. 6 weeks after they told me about the review I won my case. Not sure if everybody wins but in my case I did. Hope you win!!

untilthebell 03-15-2011 01:09 AM

Thanks for the response. I dont have a good feeling with this Quality review thing, they said his name was pulled random, i say it has to do with age.

Jimking 03-15-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untilthebell (Post 753064)
Thanks for the response. I dont have a good feeling with this Quality review thing, they said his name was pulled random, i say it has to do with age.

How old is he?

untilthebell 03-15-2011 12:41 PM

42 with seizures 3-4 times a week, he had a brain tumor. After surgery he was left with a seizure disorder. He also suffers from depression and reactive arthritis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimking (Post 753162)
How old is he?

Jimking 03-16-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untilthebell (Post 753166)
42 with seizures 3-4 times a week, he had a brain tumor. After surgery he was left with a seizure disorder. He also suffers from depression and reactive arthritis.

He is getting close to that age (50s) when SS really doesn't press the age issue as much. Early 40s is possible. But my hunch it was a random pic. What's not clear to me is what are they reviewing? Was he approved, then gone to review? Or are they reviewing whether he should have applied or not? It seems to me that is what judges are for. I have heard of cases that were approved then reviewed by another board.

untilthebell 03-16-2011 10:55 AM

He was aproved then 1 day later his SSDI info/case went to the SSDI Quality review board. They said its a 60 day investigation. I googled it a bit but still have no clue exactly why this happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimking (Post 753415)
He is getting close to that age (50s) when SS really doesn't press the age issue as much. Early 40s is possible. But my hunch it was a random pic. What's not clear to me is what are they reviewing? Was he approved, then gone to review? Or are they reviewing whether he should have applied or not? It seems to me that is what judges are for. I have heard of cases that were approved then reviewed by another board.

Jimking 03-16-2011 11:01 AM

I believe I've read before that these random checks do happen after a positive judgement has been made. I'll wager your husband will pass through this review. If not, appeal with representation and contact your congressman.

Shellback 03-16-2011 12:47 PM

Same exact thing happened to me about a year ago and I also got this guy at the SSA to cough up some info that they are really not supposed to reveal. About a week later I logged into my online banking and saw a hefty deposit from the government. I was finally approved!

untilthebell 03-16-2011 02:21 PM

Thanks for the response! Any info helps. Very interesting, because I called SSA about 4-5 times in the past week and one guy did say my husband was approved but his case/claim is now under -SSDI Quality review, but then when i called the next day SSA said they cannot tell if he was denied or approved. So what scares me is that he was approved and they are reviewwing his case! They started looking at his info on March 4th 2010, I get worried more & more each day. I was hoping to hear news by today, nothing yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellback (Post 753453)
Same exact thing happened to me about a year ago and I also got this guy at the SSA to cough up some info that they are really not supposed to reveal. About a week later I logged into my online banking and saw a hefty deposit from the government. I was finally approved!