NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   When does the exhaustion end (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/146819-exhaustion.html)

doydie 03-17-2011 06:30 PM

When does the exhaustion end

My sister and I are now finished with our part of Mom's apartment. We will now depend on the men to tkae things around to places to sell. If anyone who lives around southwestern Indiana and wants to buy a good power chair or lift chair and can pick them up we have them. Hopefully we can find a good buyer for them. I still have a family room filled with my things from Mom, my daughters and the the things my brother couldn't fit in his car. Then there are the things that we didn't have the heart to do anything with and we will do something with them when the family is together for Thanksgiving. We have so much to look through there will be no time to eat! Then I have to clean my bedroom to make room for Mom's antiques. I'm tired writing this! But I am staying home tonight. I have a plan for tomorrow. I am going to watch TV tonight!!!!

SallyC 03-17-2011 09:30 PM

When all is done and the exhaustion ends, you begin your mourning process. :hug:

Friend2U 03-17-2011 09:34 PM

Doydie,

Just want to give you a ((((:hug:)))) and say you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Bless your heart. I can't imagine all you must be going through.

doydie 03-17-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 753968)
When all is done and the exhaustion ends, you begin your mourning process. :hug:

Oh my. That is just indescribeable. Life has to restart somewhere. The Hospice is going to send out their grief packet. I am anxious to see what it can do to help. Plus I have this huge burden to make sure all of Moms medical bills are paid although I know it's not my responsibility. She has no estate. There is nothing to pay it from except me selling a few antiques, lift and power chairs.

Dejibo 03-18-2011 07:30 AM

There are several states that allow "debts to die with the deceased" Connecticut is one of them. When the owner of the debt dies, the debt itself cannot be collected from the children, spouse or an estate that has zero funds. I would contact the hospice to see what the rules in your state are. I know in NC where my mom is, they can chase the estate for relief until the estate is closed. Its really a wide gap from state to state what the rules are. I would check it out.

kicker 03-18-2011 08:01 AM

Doydie,
Life does get better eventually and goes on. My Mom died (31 years ago!) and stuff had to be done. Then it was over. But then I cried at the oddest times. Alone in the car when driving alone home from work. At memories. Now I look at DD (19) and remember happy mom things. When my beloved brother died of cancer 10 years ago, I thought I would never recover, but I did. But writing this still brings tears to my eyes. My heartfelt condolences to you.

Twinkletoes 03-18-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doydie (Post 753932)
My sister and I are now finished with our part of Mom's apartment. We will now depend on the men to tkae things around to places to sell. If anyone who lives around southwestern Indiana and wants to buy a good power chair or lift chair and can pick them up we have them. Hopefully we can find a good buyer for them. I still have a family room filled with my things from Mom, my daughters and the the things my brother couldn't fit in his car. Then there are the things that we didn't have the heart to do anything with and we will do something with them when the family is together for Thanksgiving. We have so much to look through there will be no time to eat! Then I have to clean my bedroom to make room for Mom's antiques. I'm tired writing this! But I am staying home tonight. I have a plan for tomorrow. I am going to watch TV tonight!!!!

Sheesh! I'm tired just reading this!!! :hug:

You can do it -- hang in there, Doydie. Try not to overdo physically. :hug::hug::hug:

NurseNancy 03-18-2011 11:32 AM

dej made a great point. i remember that being true too. please look into that.

when my folks passed my brother and i had tons of stuff to do. my brother was the executer and really did a great job with all the technical stuff, the banks, etc. we were on a timeline because we were from out of state and had to get home to jobs.

please relax tonite. that's a good way to take care of you. that way you'll be able to do the work that needs to be done. gradually you'll gain back your strength, your mind will quiet and your grief will turn into peace for your mom.
it just takes a bit of time.

NeuroNixed Craig 03-18-2011 11:45 AM

Dearest doydie,

I read this as a status update from a high school friend of mine and you immediately came to mind. Please, allow me to share it with you today.

"If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again."

"Mother, no more pain or sorrow, you are now in your Heavenly home." ~ Ron Mintz

One 1/2 day at a time doydie, one 1/2 day at a time.

doydie 03-18-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeuroNixed Craig (Post 754116)
Dearest doydie,

I read this as a status update from a high school friend of mine and you immediately came to mind. Please, allow me to share it with you today.

"If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again."

"Mother, no more pain or sorrow, you are now in your Heavenly home." ~ Ron Mintz

One 1/2 day at a time doydie, one 1/2 day at a time.

I like that, only 1/2 day at a time.

I know that we probably don't have to pay back her bills legally but morally I know Mom would want it