NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Hi!! Im new and APPROVED!! question though (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/147601-hi-im-approved-question.html)

lissabla39 03-30-2011 08:05 PM

Hi!! Im new and APPROVED!! question though

Hi!! I have been reading this forum all day! You guys(and gals) seem oh so helpful! Here is a little about my situation.

About a week ago, I got my "fully favorable" letter after 2 1/2 yrs of fighting! I was denied twice and finally approved by the judge. Anyhow, I had an appt today at my local ss office. He told me I was awarded ssdi and also ssi. He told me that he is not sure about when ssdi will start their checks or about the retro-pay since they are 2 different things. He did inform me that I will get my 1st ssi ck on the 1st of April. He also said that to get me on my feet a little that he would release the maximum amount of 2200 today.:D

Anyhow, I guess my question is, if he released the payment today, does that mean I should be getting it very soon???????

Thanks for any help in advance!

oldhen53 03-30-2011 11:47 PM

Wonderful and congradulations I would keep checking my bank daily.
Hope that helps. Sounds to me inmediate.:hug:

untilthebell 03-31-2011 01:13 AM

I thought it took 4-6 weeks to receive the 1st payment? Unless its different state to state. Congrats!

lissabla39 03-31-2011 07:23 AM

sorry y'all, my mistake....

Ill get my 1st ssi ck on May 1st!! Not April!! I only wished;)

untilthebell 03-31-2011 10:33 AM

Be very, very, very pleased that you WON. May will come before you know it. Congrats again!

stevesworldnyc 03-31-2011 04:38 PM

congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissabla39 (Post 757740)
Hi!! I have been reading this forum all day! You guys(and gals) seem oh so helpful! Here is a little about my situation.

About a week ago, I got my "fully favorable" letter after 2 1/2 yrs of fighting! I was denied twice and finally approved by the judge. Anyhow, I had an appt today at my local ss office. He told me I was awarded ssdi and also ssi. He told me that he is not sure about when ssdi will start their checks or about the retro-pay since they are 2 different things. He did inform me that I will get my 1st ssi ck on the 1st of April. He also said that to get me on my feet a little that he would release the maximum amount of 2200 today.:D

Anyhow, I guess my question is, if he released the payment today, does that mean I should be getting it very soon???????

Thanks for any help in advance!

I'm very happy for you! I just got my fully favorable letter today after almost 4 years of fighting for it! I'm so happy even though I'm in pain right now. I cried when I read the letter. It's been a long fight and I thought I would be getting it right away because I was so messed up but I had to fight and get an attorney and go through appeals and a reconsideration but finally I'll be getting just over 3 years backpay. I'll be in decent shape with my pension and my ssdi, so I'm happy. I just need a new body now and I'll be all set. Come on tech people, invent lab-grown bodies and full brain transplants already so I can get put into a new body!

lissabla39 03-31-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesworldnyc (Post 757981)
I'm very happy for you! I just got my fully favorable letter today after almost 4 years of fighting for it! I'm so happy even though I'm in pain right now. I cried when I read the letter. It's been a long fight and I thought I would be getting it right away because I was so messed up but I had to fight and get an attorney and go through appeals and a reconsideration but finally I'll be getting just over 3 years backpay. I'll be in decent shape with my pension and my ssdi, so I'm happy. I just need a new body now and I'll be all set. Come on tech people, invent lab-grown bodies and full brain transplants already so I can get put into a new body!

well congrats to u as well!! It is a LONG DRAWN OUT PROCESS!! I am soooo glad its over(almost)! I couldnt imagine 4 yrs! I probably would have given up!! I hope u get to feeling a little better so u can enjoy ur happiness!!:hug: