NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Got hit in the head a few days ago by- (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/148734-hit-head-days-ago.html)

Jeffrey 04-18-2011 11:17 PM

Got hit in the head a few days ago by-

Sorry if this seems silly, but when you have PCS (I'm at 9 months now), and a bad argument can trigger your headache (like Thurs. did)...

The toddler I nanny managed to throw a pillow (kind used for bed) at close range to the side of the head Sat. morn. Ususally I can prevent these things from happening, but I missed this one.

It's only a pillow, but anyone know what thrown objects can do to your recovery? First time getting hit w/one since the TBI.

Two days later, the headache is the worst it has been in months. Tooth nerve pain is quite bad.

Thanks- again, I feel horrible, though this sounds like a joke...:(

Mark in Idaho 04-18-2011 11:41 PM

There are no specifics that can direct you as to whether the pillow caused any injury. My opinion is no. More likely the startle response caused anxiety causing the head ache. Stop stressing out. It is bad for recovery.

Jeffrey 04-19-2011 08:09 AM

No sir, no stressing in my house. That could indicate a lack of faith in God's provision!

Just curious about thrown object theories. Thanks very much for the info.

Dmom3005 04-19-2011 01:21 PM

I would think a thrown pillow wouldn't cause a problem.

But I would also know that a thrown item can cause problems.
But so can a fall or other things. So just keep being careful.

Donna:grouphug:

Margarite 04-20-2011 03:41 PM

I know that for me even a pillow, especially a heavy sleeping pillow thrown well, can definitely cause weeks of pain and sickness. I am glad other people can deal with this, but for me it is imperative that people don't even to that to me. Sometimes my friends forget and they will horse around with pillows and I have to pretend nothing has happened, but the following weeks are awful.
I don't think it is a second concussion, it just aggravates the situation. Try not to let it worry you and try not to let it happen again, but I wouldn't think that it will make things much worse for too long.
God Bless,
Margarite

Jeffrey 04-20-2011 04:39 PM

Thanks for the responses. A few weeks of being worse- sounds good to me.
Compared to a few months, etc.

Sorry for any snippiness on my part, Mark. I'm trying my best- been a rough 9 months.

Dmom3005 04-20-2011 08:08 PM

Jeffrey

Its totally understandable that its hard to handle.

I'm sorry that you like many of us had to handle even 9 months.

Donna:grouphug: