NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Royal Wedding (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/149089-royal-wedding.html)

Earl 04-25-2011 12:11 PM

The Royal Wedding

I was in London for Andrew and Fergi's wedding in the late 80's. I remember how hectic it was, couldn't get around except by tube (subway).

I admit, it's a lot of coverage all week long on every channel, BUT I'd rather watch this than Charlie Sheen, or that Lohan mess, or war stuff.

I am not an angliphhile (I think it's spelled that way, someone who is a HUGE fan of british royalty) but I like the royal stuff. I cold almost say I am a distant distant distant royal - in Norway. I am like 8th cousins to the royal family of Norway. my grandfather was born in Norway and somehow back in my family line we are related to them. I asked my grandmother years ago and she said IF we lived in Norway, I was like 73rd in line for the throne, AND there was a slight chance if we lived there, I would have an HRH title. Not worth the weather for me, LOL.

Anyway, anyone else at all interested in this wedding? I have friends who are British (VERY) and are having a party for the wedding, we are invited to attend from 12 midnight for us to 5am, IF I go, I will just sleep from like 4pm to 11pm. It might be fun, she is having it catered by the local english restaurant. It will all depend on how I feel that day.

SallyC 04-25-2011 12:45 PM

Of course I will be glued to the Telly..:D

I heard that my Greatgrandmother was married to a Lord?? So I may have a bit of blue blood..:rolleyes::)

kicker 04-25-2011 01:15 PM

They always tell me we're related to Queen Victoria. Ah, is this like Kevin Bacon's 6 degrees of separation? Me and Earl are gonna have to compete for the throne if everyone else dies!!!

Erin524 04-25-2011 02:24 PM

My mom is all nuts for the royal wedding. She's bugging me to record it for her.

Me? Nope. Couldnt care less about it.

Dejibo 04-25-2011 06:23 PM

MIL is very excited to see it in extreme HD on the 60inch screen. She has a 24 inch at her house, and is looking forward to it. I ordered the Italian channel so she will at least be able to understand it too.

I really didnt think I would want to watch, but I think having someone else who is excited helps.

barb02 04-25-2011 06:46 PM

I am not staying up all night to see it. I may record it.

Kitty 04-25-2011 06:50 PM

Well, it's kind of hard to avoid it if you watch TV at all. I may or may not watch it. Just depends on what I'm doing when it's on. I'm not overly impressed by any of it. I think the media has gone into overdrive about it....but they generally do with just about anything. :rolleyes: Personally, I feel that there are much bigger issues in our world today.

SallyC 04-25-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 765413)
I feel that there are much bigger issues in our world today.

Yes, that's just it and it's all negative, so this well be a welcome, beautiful, positive event to view. Like a Fairy tail. I hope I can stay awake.:eek: It's a sign of "life goes on", thank heavens.:)

Erin524 04-25-2011 07:40 PM

It's probably going to end up screwing up my tv watching that I do in the evenings, so I'm not really thrilled about watching a wedding for some guy who's probably going to be the monarch of a country that I'm not a citizen of. (if I were English, maybe I'd be interested...) Especially when it's going to end up preempting shows that I'd rather be watching.

I ordered a set of dvd's to watch, so that I'll have something to do when all my regular shows are bumped.

Kitty 04-25-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 765424)
Yes, that's just it and it's all negative, so this well be a welcome, beautiful, positive event to view. Like a Fairy tail. I hope I can stay awake.:eek: It's a sign of "life goes on", thank heavens.:)

Yes, I know. I'm happy for them.....don't get me wrong. I'm glad something positive is happening somewhere in the world. I guess I just don't agree with their mentality when it comes to such a lavish affair. I know it's their money and they can do what they please with it. But they could feed a small country for what they are spending on this ceremony. You're just as "married" with a modest ceremony as you are with a lavish one. I'm just too practical for my own good. :rolleyes: