NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Royal Wedding (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/149310-royal-wedding.html)

Kitty 04-29-2011 09:07 AM

Royal Wedding

I was up at 5:30 AM so I got to see the ceremony. It was beautiful. Kate and William look so comfortable together. You can tell that they are friends as well as partners. :circlelove: I wish them much happiness.

mrsD 04-29-2011 09:11 AM

It was very nice, I agree. I watched it too.

The moderators on CNN however were giggling and acting odd in the beginning, but they stopped when things became more
important.

It was a nice pleasant diversion, from all the anguish floating around this year.

Kitty 04-29-2011 09:14 AM

I enjoyed watching it. The media will re-cover it all day long so those who didn't manage to see it first thing this morning will have plenty of opportunities to see it.....over and over and over again! :rolleyes: I was watching it on ABC with Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters.

tkrik 04-29-2011 09:58 AM

I didn't watch it. I was all snuggled up in bed sleeping away. :p I am sure I will see plenty of recaps over the next several days.

Judy2 04-29-2011 10:46 AM

Overnight is my usual "up-time", so I too enjoyed watching the wedding. It's always been my dream to travel to England..........now even moreso. Isn't it amazing that the monarchy has survived for so long....with the same people? What a pleasure to see so many people enjoying their "togetherness" for a change. :grouphug: :inlove: All the best to William and Kate as they begin their married lives together.:hug:

karilann 04-29-2011 10:50 AM

I caught all the highlights this morning. Guess I was only interested in the dress! Everything was beautiful and so elegant. They looked very happy and I think William was more into this wedding then his father was with Diana.
Kate made a gorgeous bride and she has a lot of class.

doydie 04-29-2011 12:07 PM

It was beautiful but I wouldn't want to marry into the royal family for anything. I don't want to be under the microscope for my entire life.

SallyC 04-29-2011 12:17 PM

I was awake at 3AM, watched all the festivities leading up to the wedding, fell asleep at 5:30, woke up at 6:25 to "God Save The Queen"...... Just in time to watch them waltzing out, looking like an old married couple, already. They all looked gorgeous and I enjoyed it.:)

I watched Katie Curick and they showed a rerun of Diana & charles's wedding day, 30 yrs ago. What a difference in the faces (not as happy or content). I think Lady Spencer was targeted by Charles, to be his proper Bride and he and his family knew he was in love with Camilla (*edit*) and that's why the diff. in faces.:rolleyes:

When I see that rerun, I want to run, screaming up that aisle....STOPPPPPP, he's a FROG!!! I felt so sorry for Diana..:( :hug:

Dejibo 04-29-2011 01:46 PM

mama and I were up at 6 to watch it. We wore funny hats, and danced in out pjs. We had cappuchino and fancy pastry for breakfast. She was glued to the sceen the whole time. We switched back to English after she got upset that they were being so fancy with the words that she couldnt understand. (she has a small education, and thought them to be too fancy) so we watched in HD english. it was fun. I would have never watched it on my own, but it was fun to have someone to play with.

I agree that those two have done it right. They took their time, and got to know each other, and really love each other. Way to go Kate!

SallyC 04-29-2011 01:48 PM

OOPS, sorry Cherie, I should have said...
"not a faithful person" :D