NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Pain feels like bruises (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/149626-pain-feels-bruises.html)

januarybabe 05-05-2011 08:13 AM

Pain feels like bruises

Does anyone have pain from PN that feels like bruises in various places in body? I do have the tingling pain and that electric shock feeling. The bruise feeling is in waist, arms, and legs primarily.

I went to my GP doctor and she thought it might be fibromyalgia. She referred me to rheumy MD. The rheumy examined me thoroughly and said "no" to fibromyalgia.

My original diagnosis is peripheral neuropathy and I am on 1600 mg gabapentin daily. The gaba does provide good pain relief.

I have troubles sitting because of waist pain.

cyclelops 05-05-2011 08:37 AM

Yes....and mine isn't fibro. I have managed to break bones, tear both rotator cuffs and I won't bore you with the rest. I have more ortho injuries than you can shake a stick at. I have confirmed PN and dysautonomia. I always feel like I have been run over by a truck, and I felt that way when I was in very 'good shape' so it isn't deconditioning. PN can cause a very deep aching pain as well as the traditional burning, tingling etc. You can get proximal neuropathy, and I have the same kind of pain you describe....chest, thoracic, abdominal etc. They make a good prescription brace for your spine that could help with that waist pain, called a Spinomed...designed in Germany, but available in the US. It resembles a flat backpack, and isn't huge and clunky and metal. Another thing you can get evaluated for is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. That said, there isn't really a cure or good treatment for this...it does tend to exacerbate and remit (a little), but it is a condition that we must learn to live with. :(

januarybabe 05-10-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelops (Post 767790)
Yes....and mine isn't fibro. I have managed to break bones, tear both rotator cuffs and I won't bore you with the rest. I have more ortho injuries than you can shake a stick at. I have confirmed PN and dysautonomia. I always feel like I have been run over by a truck, and I felt that way when I was in very 'good shape' so it isn't deconditioning. PN can cause a very deep aching pain as well as the traditional burning, tingling etc. You can get proximal neuropathy, and I have the same kind of pain you describe....chest, thoracic, abdominal etc. They make a good prescription brace for your spine that could help with that waist pain, called a Spinomed...designed in Germany, but available in the US. It resembles a flat backpack, and isn't huge and clunky and metal. Another thing you can get evaluated for is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. That said, there isn't really a cure or good treatment for this...it does tend to exacerbate and remit (a little), but it is a condition that we must learn to live with. :(

Cyclelops, I sent you a private message. I did take a look at the Spinomed. I haven't had any doctors mention it. I keep hoping for remission if there is no cure. I guess my remission is at night and the first hour of each day. The pain is not so bad then.

darlindeb25 05-14-2011 07:31 AM

I used to tell people that my tummy felt like one huge black and blue. It didn't really hurt as in a tummy ache, but it did hurt like a bruise. I have that feeling in other areas now too.

I do have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, along with the neuropathy.