NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   five years of crps (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/150004-five-crps.html)

jeffburns 05-11-2011 09:02 PM

five years of crps

hi all.i have had rsd for about five years now,i have a scs and taking meds.like oxycodone and so on.i am so tired of it all.i would like some info.on pain pumps because i would like to get off some meds.with alot of side affects.but i hurt so bad by mid day that i cant even think straight.all i can think about is how much pain i am in,i am so so tierd and hoping that something can help me .thanks for everything this really does help.:hug:

hurting 05-12-2011 05:13 AM

Daily Pain

Hi Jeff:

Sorry to here that you are in so much pain day after day. You said you have a SCS how long have you had it. Does the SCS help reduce your pain? What part of your body do you have your crps. As you and so many others here I am looking for pain relief were I don't need to take so many pain meds all the time. Hope you fine what you are looking for. Good Luck.

SandyRI 05-12-2011 06:10 AM

Have you tried ketamine?

Instead of another surgery, have you considered ketamine? You may want to try that first.

I was injured in Nov 2006, so I have been sick 4 and and a half years. It seems like forever....

Good luck... Xoxox. Sandy

hannah1234 05-12-2011 11:08 AM

Sandy you hit that nail on the head.... two years four years... seems like FOREVER. i have been for 3 1/2.... seems like my whole life.

Ketamine is something GREAT to look into... it is very costly though. 2000 per infusion on average... unless you are a lucky canadian who gets them for FREEEE!!!! I would NOT recommend ketamine to take orally unless its within the days of the infusions... it doesnt work as well because the body builds a tolerance up with it AND messes with levels in your blood.

Where is your RSD?

Mine is in both arms and my right leg... I am the same exact way towards afternoon I am kaputs.... I get ketamine and it is not the heal all, but it does miracles compared to any other drug out there.

The one thing that I learned that was the hardest but most rewarding was I started biofeedback a few months ago, and learned to relax through the huge spasms of pain. I thought I relaxed and was calm... NOPE. I was surely wrong. Biofeedback really does help the mind cope though, I would look into it if you have the chance. It can help to get a more restful sleep... and just relax your overall body. That is the one time during the week that my body feels tired and relaxed. Other times, it is just worn out and exhausted.

my best
Hannah

daniella 05-13-2011 08:51 AM

Hi I am sorry for all you have went and continue to go through. I am not that familiar with the pump but when I was at Cleveland Clinic and they were talking about possible treatments they said that the pump would be one of the last things they would want to try. I am not sure the possible side effects but if you are considering this I would research as much as you can and possibly get more then 1 opinion. I fear with any procedure or surgery the rsd going to that area as well.
I agree with others about looking into ketamine. Have you tried other meds? Have you looked into seeing a new doctor who deals with rsd? Sometimes a new approach can help.