NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   RA and RSD? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/150240-ra-rsd.html)

Sharee 05-15-2011 11:41 AM

RA and RSD?

Has anyone ever had RA and RSD? My RA has been in remission for many years and during that time I was diagnosed with RSD... now have had RSD for 14 years (and still functioning .. yeah!! :) ) But the RA came out of remission about 6 weeks ago (and yeah... its a totally different kind of pain that doesn't respond to any of my RSD meds) I'm just wondering... is this going to take my pain level 4-5 RSD and kick it or will it let my "dozing giant" remain dozing? I'm told that it will be TWO MONTHS before a rheumatologist will be able to see me and I'm afraid of what two months of chronic pain in the same areas that I have RSD is going to do! Thanks!

SandyRI 05-15-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharee (Post 770590)
Has anyone ever had RA and RSD? My RA has been in remission for many years and during that time I was diagnosed with RSD... now have had RSD for 14 years (and still functioning .. yeah!! :) ) But the RA came out of remission about 6 weeks ago (and yeah... its a totally different kind of pain that doesn't respond to any of my RSD meds) I'm just wondering... is this going to take my pain level 4-5 RSD and kick it or will it let my "dozing giant" remain dozing? I'm told that it will be TWO MONTHS before a rheumatologist will be able to see me and I'm afraid of what two months of chronic pain in the same areas that I have RSD is going to do! Thanks!

so sorry about your double diagnosis....

What's interesting about my case is that I have RSD, and my twin sister has RA with lupus overlap. My sister had RA for about 10 years before I was injured, had a few surgeries, and came down with RSD.

See if you can get on a cancellation list with your rheumatologist. perhaps your meds will work for both RA and RSD, since they are both auto-immune disorders... That would be cool....

good luck, Sandy

Sharee 05-15-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyRI (Post 770632)
so sorry about your double diagnosis....

What's interesting about my case is that I have RSD, and my twin sister has RA with lupus overlap. My sister had RA for about 10 years before I was injured, had a few surgeries, and came down with RSD.

See if you can get on a cancellation list with your rheumatologist. perhaps your meds will work for both RA and RSD, since they are both auto-immune disorders... That would be cool....

good luck, Sandy

Thanks Sandy! I'm on a waiting list but the RSD medicines aren't working on the RA at all... and wouldn't ya know it. We've gone months without rain in Florida and now for 3 days it's been blowing rain on and off.. wunnerful! Good luck with your WC case. I also began my RSD saga from a job related injury (I was a paralegal in a wc defense law firm of all things!) and my case was in litigation for 7 years! It wasn't the diagnosis they were disputing, it was the value of the claim. sigh. Social Security disability only took 2 years.. they were speed demons compared to the Florida Comp courts! Oh well, that's ancient history now. My hopes and prayers are with you for a speedy resolution of your claim. The stress is definitely not good for your RSD!!

Best Wishes.... Sharee