NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   underpants filled with splinters! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/151163-underpants-filled-splinters.html)

Dejibo 05-31-2011 05:51 PM

underpants filled with splinters!

well, that is what it feels like somedays. I feel like my underpants are filled with splinters and if I move wrong or sit badly, I get stuck. right in the cotton insert area (if you know what I mean) i cant pin point exactly which spot will get stuck but its always in the same area.

Anyone else? I find that taking my underpants off and sometimes just laying down for a few minutes helps, but I cant possibly be the only one....am i?

OUCH! :(

SallyC 05-31-2011 08:01 PM

I thought for just a minute tha you and DH were playing in the wood shed again..:D:p:D

Erin524 05-31-2011 09:35 PM

hay might look comfortable, but it is kind of pokey.

Seriously, I get weird sensations in that area too. Sometimes it feels like someone is poking me with a needle on the butt. Swear it feels just like it did when I was a kid at the doctor getting a shot, not as painful tho.

What I hate is feeling constantly wet in various areas down there. Always dry when I check, but sometimes it feels like someone is pouring water on me, or like I'm walking around in a wet swimsuit, even tho there isnt any moisture anywhere.

I hate the pokey feeling. Sometimes I'll feel the stab and it makes my leg jump. Hate that...especially when someone sees the leg jump. I always get the hairy eyeball for that because it looks like my leg is trying to get away from me.

Mariel 05-31-2011 10:15 PM

Dejibo, you do get a lot of special attention from the disease.

Now that I remember, I have received some neuropathic stabs
in that area. The stabs can occur just anywhere.

Lynn 06-01-2011 08:33 AM

Feelin' for you girl

I posted something similar a month or so ago (probably on the Braintalk forum). I was feeling electrical shocks and stabbing sensations in the same area.

Feels funky! Does it happen when you are walking too? Or just when you are sitting? I noticed it during both and if I brushed that area even lightly it went off like a firecracker.

It lasted for about a month or so, I can still feel it sometimes but not near as much or as intensely.

Lyn

Dejibo 06-01-2011 12:29 PM

it comes and goes as it pleases. Feels like sharp wooden splinters are stabbing at me. then...it goes away. DH asked on vacation "why are you walking like that?" embarrassed I had to tell him. From then on, he tried to walk behind me to cover what I was doing. I told him I didnt care what others thought, just come walk with me. He shrugged and said ok. I stopped caring what others think a long time ago.

SallyC 06-01-2011 12:52 PM

Me too Dej..:o

I was thinking....do I get these stabs and pains? I do, sometimes but, Ignore them, mostly. Nothing ever seems to last long enough to get my dander up.

I guess I've just learned to live with it..:mad: