NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Tiredness & symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/151455-tiredness-symptoms.html)

Freesia38 06-06-2011 06:05 AM

Tiredness & symptoms

Can being overtired (having consecutive late nights) and or/stress cause symtom/s to come on really mildly for 1, 2 or even for up to 4 days in between major flare ups?

(I have no dx of anything and confised about my sx.
Seeing neuro tomorrow)

Thanks.

turtle_78 06-06-2011 06:40 AM

I am not too sure but, with me it takes stress and heat for me to feel some of my old symptoms to come back. After a little bit( hours to days) they go away. It is mainly affects my eye sight in my left eye.

Good luck at the neuro tomorrow.

SallyC 06-06-2011 01:44 PM

The short answer is yes..:)

Tell us how it went at your Neuro Appt.:hug:

Freesia38 06-06-2011 09:42 PM

Thanks Sally and Sue.
Will keep you posted! :hug:

Freesia38 06-08-2011 06:52 AM

I saw the neuro yesterday.
She doesn't think it's MS becuase this last 2 week long flare up of sx wasn't as bad as it was 2 years ago, and it doesn't fit the 'typical pattern of MS'.
Shes has no idea what it is, but I'm so glad she didnt fob me off and say it's stress.
She said we've done all the tests possible (2 years ago) but she's redoing a brain MRI just to be sure, but as it's not urgent, I couldn't get an appt until August 16th!
Otherwise she said to try taking electroltes (sp?) (like Powerade) daily for a month, as it could be an inbalance?? (she admitted to just taking a guess on that one.)

Frustrating, and I hope she's right and that MRI is clear!!

waiting waiting....:confused:

SallyC 06-08-2011 12:29 PM

HaHaHa!! I looked to see where you live, when I saw you say "fob me off" LMHO!!:D

Freesia38 06-09-2011 06:25 PM

Glad I could make you laugh Sally! :p
I hope 'fob me off' doesn't mean anything bad in the US!!! :D

SallyC 06-09-2011 08:27 PM

I'm sure it means the same thing in America..:D

Lynn 06-11-2011 08:26 AM

Hi Freesia

Whereabouts in Aus are you? I live in Parkes in Central Western NSW. If you are dx'd, it may be a 'psuedo-exacerbation'.

That is simply a return on existing symptoms (often caused by emotional stress, heat intolerance, fatigue and so on) that does not actually relate to further myelin destruction of a new attack.

Cheers

Lyn

Freesia38 06-11-2011 08:56 PM

Hi Lyn,

I'm in a SE suburb of Melbourne.

I'm not sure what is is/was.
I actually thought it was worse than last time, only because the episode involved additional sx, - dizziness and loss of balance, and one of the days feeling totally wiped out. The neuro didn't ask much about the new sx though.

It wasn't as bad though this time, in that it didn't last for long, whereas 2 years ago when the sx just started it seemed endless for about 9months. (on and off a litle bit).

I managed to get an MRI done 6 weeks earlier though (not as close to home) so we'll see what happens.
I hope it's all clear, but just wish I had answers!