NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   For Those of Us with Grave's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/151740-graves-disease.html)

disab t 06-10-2011 09:19 PM

For Those of Us with Grave's Disease

I felt this thread was much needed because only a person with Grave's disease will understand. I also have Grave's disease and had my total thyroid removed. My left eye became 1 and a half inch bulged and my right one is 2. I was having blinding moments. I had trembles, I was losing weight one day and gaining it the next. I had palpitations of almost 200. Almost thyroid storm. I was hospitilized 3 times. No medication worked for me. So we made to remove it. But I hemmoriaged after the surgery and almost died. The surgeon said I hemmoraged because of the Grave's disease. It has now been 1 yr. since my surgery and though surgery helped my eyes not to bulge more than prior to surgery, less trembles, and I think it saved me from going blind. Everything else is still the same. The doctors can't seem to get me on the correct dose to get my levels right. I still have palpitations, but they are more like 120. And my parathyroid was touched during surgery, so now I have nerve damage there. I hope this helps someone.

This was my last resort to have my thyroid removed. So I want go in thyroid storm. I fought this battle for 4 years before they removed it.

bizi 06-11-2011 12:09 AM

I am sorry you went thru this, glad that your eye site was saved.
are you bipolar?
bizi

OhKay 06-11-2011 11:40 AM

I'm sorry for all those terrible experiences. It must have been difficult to deal with on an emotional level, too.

I hope that they can stabilize your thyroid hormones soon, and pray that your vision problems don't worsen.

Take Care
Kay

disab t 06-14-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 777962)
I am sorry you went thru this, glad that your eye site was saved.
are you bipolar?
bizi

Hi. No, I am not bipolar. But I have many health issues. I was reading some of your other posts and think you can answer some questions for me please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Can anyone let me know how long it took them to get there first check/direct deposit and also backpay information? (only for ssdi)

Also I wanted to know did they have to wait for local ss office to call them to update information and go over children's information (only for ssdi).

My judgement said ssdi and they said I don't qualify for ssi

bizi 06-14-2011 07:23 PM

sorry I don't know any thing about ssdi....
bizi

waves 06-17-2011 05:22 PM

hey there....

there is a discussion group/forum right here at Neurotalk dedicated to SSDI/SSI issues... here is the link:

Social Security Disability Forum

just thinking you might get faster/better feedback there. i recognized some names over there that have been around a long time... i'm sure you'll find folks there who know the ropes...

unfortunately i personally don't have information on SSDI either, but someone else here might come along and be able to help. but i thought i'd let you know about the other forum here.

take care

~ waves ~

Dmom3005 06-17-2011 05:26 PM

It is stating you don't qualify for ssi I believe because you are one that
was employed first. Its those that didn't work long enough to make
money to qualify for ssdi, payments.

My son is making ssi, and not ssdi, but now he is working and this is starting
to qualify him at some point for ssdi. But it will be years I imagine.

donna:grouphug: