NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/)
-   -   rosacea on my face (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/151793-rosacea.html)

bizi 06-11-2011 09:38 PM

rosacea on my face

This is a problem for a lot of woman, and men too I have heard.
I am having fits with mine...it looks like poisin ivy on my face.
Before I go into lengths of my story...jsut wanted to see if any others here have stories, tips to share.
thanks
bizi

Lara 06-18-2011 06:32 AM

G'day there dear bizi. I saw your post here and wanted to reply to you. :hug:

Just wanted to say that I hope it gets better fast for you. Some medications can cause those sorts of problems you know.

Have you thought of posting on the Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements Forum

Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements
- For discussion about vitamins, vitamin deficiency, herbal remedies and other supplements.

bizi 06-19-2011 05:15 PM

thanks Lara, I post on an acne forum too. the bipolar folks have helped give me tips,
but what has really helped is this new medication that the doctor prescribed for me last week. aczone.
I am glad that it is getting better!!!!!!
thank you for writing to me.
you are a sweetie!
((((HUGS))))
bizi

dahlek 07-22-2011 06:45 PM

Have you considered seeing a dermatologist?

They know what skin problems are caused by what other issues and can zero in with the right potion or lotion to fit your problem fairly quickly. IF they are a GOOD dermatologist! Good luck and hope the problem is eased in lots of ways.
Keep in touch and let us know, please?
:hug::hug::hug:'s - j

bizi 07-25-2011 09:46 PM

Hi there,
the dermatologist is the one who prescribed the aczone. it has worked to a point...am afreaid that I have permanent scarring...make up covers pretty well.
bizi

Dmom3005 07-30-2011 10:29 AM

Bizi

You take good care of your self.

Donna:grouphug:

shezbut 08-06-2011 03:05 PM

rosacea

Hi bizi,

Yes, I have rosacea. Unfortunately, I went several years before a dermatologist diagnosed and began treatment.

I take amoxycillin (sp?) once/day to keep the rosacea at bay. That really has helped me. Getting cold and hot cause frequent flushing for me, so I do try to limit instances where that may occur. Like, I avoid walking into refrigerators and also don't go for walks in the winter time outside. It sux, but it's better than dealing with that redness increase and low self-esteem going even lower!

I use Purpose bar soap twice/daily, neutragena sensitive skin SPF 50 daily, and avoid most cosmetics. Even though cosmetics say that they're hypoallergenic, I just can't use them. My skin doesn't like cosmetics. Mascara and lip moisturizer is it for me. I hate the permanent redness I now have across my cheeks (next to the nose), but I sure don't want the rosacea to get worse! That's my acceptance.

Best wishes to you!

bizi 08-07-2011 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thank you for your post....my bumps have gone away...now all I have left is scarring red marks where there once were fluid filled bumps. I sort of feel like I had a allergic reaction to a product only on the left side of my face. you really can't tell I have marks when I wear make up. I wish the red marks would go away. I don't get any flushing like you only acne.
bizi