NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   How Does Everyone Feel? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/153189-feel.html)

SallyC 07-07-2011 10:32 AM

How Does Everyone Feel?

I'm not doing too bad, for an older fart with a dibilitating disease.:rolleyes::) I guess I have progressed a little in disability. That could be do to my age or MS or both.:mad:

I'm not in any horrible pain, just the usual spastic stuff and joint aches. Nothing I can't handle with an occasional asprin/aleve.

I just wanted to whine a bit about not being able to drive, shop, visit, take a walk, go down the basement and dance, anymore.:hissyfit:

NEXT......

Blessings2You 07-07-2011 11:07 AM

Kinda what you said, Sal. Any day that's not awful is a day that's pretty good.

Some days I can keep my focus on the ways in which I feel good. Other days I can't keep from focusing on the ways I feel crummy.

Being 61, having MS, arthritis, IBS, overweight, etc...something usually hurts or doesn't work or both. It is what it is.

Today the weather is good, and that helps a lot of issues.

I think I strike a pretty even balance between rejoicing over my blessings and whining over my losses. Depends which day you catch me.

Kitty 07-07-2011 11:18 AM

I have an appointment at the Neuro on Monday. Just my bi-annual check up.

I've had some weakness in my left leg that's been pretty noticeable for the past several weeks but I've also had a bladder infection (I'm over it now) so I'm blaming it on that. I'm sure it will get better.....albeit slowly.

I can still walk, talk, eat, breathe and whine so I'm doin' just fine! ;)

Debbie D 07-07-2011 04:12 PM

The heat did a number on me this week, especially in a cabin with no power...but DH managed to cool off our room with occasional bouts on the generator for the AC.
Leg spasms are sure debilitating...and getting up and moving makes me yell through pursed lips "Oil can! Oil can!" just like the Tin man did...
But I am grateful for what I CAN do, and I try my best to concentrate on that. I can still read, crochet, play games, swim, do my nails, listen to music, show my DH I love him;) and all sorts of stuff that makes life good.
Now if I can just get this darn bladder to act like a grown up girl...:rolleyes:

Dejibo 07-07-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 784497)
I have an appointment at the Neuro on Monday. Just my bi-annual check up.

ME TOO!

I am doing better and better with each peice of stress I let go of. All this exercise is just whopping up on me, but I keep getting up. I am in bed by 7 and asleep by 8 and dont care if the rest of the world marches on without me. I am learning to march to the beat of MY drummer.

Im sorry you are feeling sad Sal. I think you need some gal pals to hang with. I wish I lived closer. :hug:

carebear01 07-07-2011 07:30 PM

Well, today I hardly had any heart Palps, but I am attributing that to laying off of the Copaxone. I'm doing a little experiment here that I haven't discussed with my nuero yet, just trying to figure out what's causing it, but that's for another post. Cognitive issues are much better this week, but it is cooler here in Michigan...and I'm enjoying it!...Can't see well in the heat but making the best of it...how can I not!!

dmplaura 07-07-2011 08:51 PM

MRI Monday, will be my 3rd one.

Then I don't know if I'll have a follow up with only the GP or the neuro. I guess what the results show will decide that.

B2Y : "Any day that's not awful is a day that's pretty good." - Absolutely agree with this statement. I've had more awful days lately than not awful days (pain).

Hope you folks have more non-awful days :grouphug:

doydie 07-07-2011 11:15 PM

I had my coronation ceremony today!!!!!! Actually I got my crown on my tooth from when I had my root canal work done earlier. We had wanted a short vacation this summer but with $1,000 to take down an dead tree and $2,000 for a root canal that was our vacation.

Jules A 07-08-2011 07:29 AM

I guess I shouldn't complain, oh but I will, lol. Still working and in grad school full time with only minimal MS crap. Tired all the time, eyes a bit funky, bathroom stuff well you know...:(

On the bright side I'm not in pain, not nauseous and will be able to walk my mutt across the street to take a swim later. Life today ain't bad in spite of the monster.

doydie 07-08-2011 11:11 PM

I woke up today and was able to put my feet on the floor and think. So I guess I'm OK!!!!!