NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   No Sunday Rollcall? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/1533-sunday-rollcall.html)

coyote 09-24-2006 03:16 PM

No Sunday Rollcall?

How is everybosy doing today?

I had a lousy night, being awakend many times by pain and myoclonus. My pdoc thinks it's from my psychotropic meds. It's really weird. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm supposed to go to see a sleep disorder neuro, but I haven't made the appointment yet. My lower back is hurting, and my feet, ankles, lower legs had outrageous pain during the night. I've never experienced quite this severity of these symptoms. It's a little scary.

Wittesea 09-24-2006 11:08 PM

coyote,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad night... I also have problems sleeping, and when I get a bad nights sleep I always feel horrible for a day or 2 afterwards. My worst flares have been caused by lack of sleep or bad sleep.

The only psych meds that ever gave me problems with sleep were SSRI-type anti-depressants. Everytime I have tried an SSRI I have the worst time sleeping.

I do take sleeping meds every night to help me sleep though. Klonopin to help me fall asleep, Trazodone to help me stay asleep and sleep deeper. They help me sooo much, especially since my sleep problems are due to the fibro and my anxiety.

I do hope that your doctor(s) are able to work on finding the cause of the sleeping problems so that they can work on fixing them.

As for my weekend, it was supposed to be lazy and relaxing, but instead it was busy and crazy... the story of my life :)

I hope you are feeling better soon,
Liz

Doody 09-24-2006 11:33 PM

I had a really bad night too. My knees were screaming, along with my hands, wrists, lower arms, elbows, feet and ankles. For the most severest of flares, the only thing that killed the pain was percodan. And docs don't give that out very handily. Course, i can't take it at work, but after work at least it gives me a few hours of relief. i have my physical coming up this week so I am going to ask him to help me get through this flare.

You're not alone on that front. I find a hot bath, liberally applied tiger balm, and then wrapping up in hot blankets very helpful.

Also, epsom salt baths. Lots of esom salt, a minimum of 8-16 oz per bath in a 15 minutes soak. A couple of ibuprofen or vicodin and heat. and rest.

coyote 09-27-2006 07:13 PM

At bedtime I take tegretal, seroquel, and trazedone. Believe it or not, sometimes all that just doesn't work.
Thankfully, I've slept better the past couple of nights.
Hot towels sound good; how do you heat them up?

Doody 09-30-2006 04:24 PM

Throw those puppies in a dryer Coyote! :)

Then find something that will hold in the heat, like a blankie, thermal or whatever.