NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   Trying to get my joy of life back (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/153423-trying-joy-life.html)

Larry45 07-11-2011 08:19 PM

Trying to get my joy of life back

I lost my husband in 2009. I just can't seem to get it together. I lost a huband also in 2003 after a very lengthy illness. [I] know it sounds strange but I have never lived alone before. Its very true the heart is a lonely hunter. If I can get my life together maybe I will find a purpose. Nueropathy and a stroke has left me unable to get down on the floor:p or bathe safely and at 62 I have more to give. Everyone out there take care and have a good night.
Vickie

Lara 07-12-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry45 (Post 785688)
I lost my husband in 2009. I just can't seem to get it together. I lost a huband also in 2003 after a very lengthy illness. [I] know it sounds strange but I have never lived alone before. Its very true the heart is a lonely hunter. If I can get my life together maybe I will find a purpose. Nueropathy and a stroke has left me unable to get down on the floor:p or bathe safely and at 62 I have more to give. Everyone out there take care and have a good night.
Vickie

I just saw your message and needed to reply. It isn't so strange to live alone. You have been suffering grief for a very long time though. I hope you've had some support along the way.

You already have a purpose. You posted here. Just need to find your way around. There are many wonderful, caring people here. You will find them. (((Vickie)))

Leesa 07-14-2011 04:54 PM

Bless your heart ~ I can completely understand. I lost my husband in 2001 -- we had been together for 7 years, but we'd just gotten married. He died 12 days before our first anniversary.

Perhaps it will help to talk to a Grief Counselor. I did, and it did me a world of good. You can call Hospice and ask to make an appointment with one of their Grief counselors -- they are highly trained, and I'm sure it would help.

I too felt "lost" and wondered what my purpose was. I could barely function that first & second year. I knew I should get out more, but I'm disabled and joining "clubs" just wasn't for me. I had never lived alone before either -- so this was a rude awakening!!

I've found tho that I don't MIND being alone now. I've gotten to "know" myself better, and I like my own company. LOL

I hope you'll think about talking to a counselor. And i wish you the very best. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee

twinkied 11-12-2011 02:24 PM

You are strong!!

I am terribly sorry to hear about the recent loss of your husband! This has got to be difficult for you especially since you lost a previous husband prior to this one. You will get it together! :hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry45 (Post 785688)
Vickie