NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Happy Weekend Everyone! Weekend update. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/154403-happy-weekend-weekend-update.html)

Mari 07-28-2011 07:30 PM

Happy Weekend Everyone! Weekend update.

Hello? How is everyone?

What are you doing this weekend? Any company visiting? Any shopping?

I'm behind my usual summer schedule of cleaning the house.
I bought some pillows. 'Have to go buy more.

Does anyone have tricks that do not include use of neurotoxins to get ants out of my kitchen?

JudeLauren, can you show me how to play Magic Piano on my iPod? :) :Music 2:

M.

BlueMajo 07-28-2011 11:02 PM

Wait a minute... It's been a while since we did these threads ! LOVE them ! Thanks for starting them again Mari !

I need to study becsuse this monday I have to present my project in front of ALL my institute :eek: so id better not do a ridiculous....

I dont have an ipod but an ipad and want to play the piano too ! :D

Oh oh... For ants.... Have you tried detergent ? I feel sorry for them but they can be annoying.... Do you want to kill them ? Because if you just want to prevent them getting in, put mint, cinnamon or cloves in door snd windows.... They hate those and wont cross :)

bizi 07-28-2011 11:26 PM

I think black pepper does the same thing too.:confused:

Mari 07-28-2011 11:43 PM

Hi, Majo!

Have a productive weekend studying!

Regarding the ants: I found some organic spray with the main ingredient as Soy Bean Oil. That killed them but did not keep them away. Fresh minions showed up. I want them to stay away. I'll put out some of the things on your list:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMajo (Post 790733)
Because if you just want to prevent them getting in, put mint, cinnamon or cloves in door and windows )

Good luck Monday. Olympic athletes spend hours practicing their moves in their heads.
Think through your own steps over the weekend. By Monday you will be a professional.

M.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...uicd074100.jpg

Mari 07-28-2011 11:43 PM

Hi, Bizi!

Black pepper is a good idea. Thanks. :)

M

DiMarie 07-29-2011 01:43 AM

Gosh I remember my grandma with the black pepper in her trailer. I use vinegar when cleaning and have not had ants in years.

This weekend we extend our unusual heatwave, but only 90* this week will still be 88* which is a long hot summer. We have the Ez set pool up, but the rain the last few days and cooler weather kept us out. I need to drain it off, and run the solar heater through the pump.

Other then that this weekend I want to redo dd room. She is 16 in Oct and so needs an update. From Barbie I took her out for sheets, what does she pick out Hello Kitty. But we are going with the colors in the pattern of Pink and brown. She is still home schooling so not much in clothing needs, maybe 2 pairs of jeans and yoga pants.

I would love to paint her room, no I have to paint her room...maybe during the week. Next weekend we have a family reunion out of town. I get to see my two Aunts that are only 2-3 years older then me. We grew up like sisters.

Everyone have a great one

And MarJo on Monday knock them over with the presentation! :winky:

bizi 07-29-2011 09:43 AM

hair colored saturday, then to the gym...unpack from vacation and do laundry. not very exciting.
hopefully hubby figures out what is wrong with our computer. running slowly especially on face book. on there we some times can't update..... he has deleted the cache, defragmented, deleted temporary internet files, a system restore to a prior date. any suggestions?he is going to try running fox fire instead of internet explorer next.
bizi
now it is not letting me post on face book aznd when I try to like something i get a white screen :(

Alffe 07-29-2011 10:28 AM

I went to Chrome and love it..had too many problems with internet explorer! good luck. :hug:

BlueCarGal 07-29-2011 10:57 AM

Music music!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 790683)

JudeLauren, can you show me how to play Magic Piano on my iPod? :) :Music 2:

Happy to!:)

It's an app from Smule, called mini Magic Piano. Recently it's been free & comes with some music. Weekly, a few more pieces of free music are there which you can download. I've not used it on iPod touch, but it adverts as working on 3rd generation.

It works by dropping notes for left & right hand, spaced where keys would be, & dropped close or far apart to work as a quarter-note, whole note etc. It helps a lot if you know what the piece is supposed to sound like :winky:. You can set it so that, even if you don't tap the exact note, the right note plays (my choice).

Only my cats get to hear me & it's very relaxing & fun.

bizi 07-29-2011 05:51 PM

we now are using mozilla firefox and love it! no more internet explorer!
bizi:)