NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   TOS and Chest Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/154604-tos-chest-pain.html)

kyoun1e 08-01-2011 12:13 PM

TOS and Chest Pain

Does anyone get chest pain with TOS?

I'm getting some annoying pec minor pain on my left side, the asyptomatic side.

I have an elongated transverse process on both sides although the right side is more pronounced. This is where I've had all my symptoms. I'm just hoping that the left side isn't rearing it's ugly TOS head right now.

All my right side symptoms have been posterior shoulder, scapular, and upper arm/elbow. Zippo on the left. But now, my left pec area is sensitive to the touch. Not incredibly painful, but when I self massage I can "feel it." At times, I can also feel pressure when I breathe deeply.

It could be just a strained pec minor due to overcompensation for the right side, but looking to cover all bases.

Thoughts?

thanks.

KY

Jomar 08-01-2011 12:21 PM

Could be a mix of overcompensation & maybe some lymph nodes clogged up..

google videos for lymph drainage and massage and see if any of it helps?

If you get spasms in you chest muscles or intercoastals - between the ribs - that can vibrate, squeeze and feel very nearly like a heart attack.

hellothere 08-01-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 791737)

If you get spasms in you chest muscles or intercoastals - between the ribs - that can vibrate, squeeze and feel very nearly like a heart attack.

Whats a lymph node?

kyoun1e 08-01-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 791737)

Jo Mar,

Funny you mention the intercoastals. They've long been a source of irritation at my worst moments on the RIGHT side. That burning/pinching feeling will migrate from the scap where it seems to flourish and then head south to the intercoastals.

Can't say that I have a heart attack feeling on the left side, but it does feel odd that when I breathe sometimes I feel it. Just hoping it's unrelated.

KY

Jomar 08-01-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellothere (Post 791830)
Whats a lymph node?

http://www.google.com/search?q=lymph...-8&sa=N&tab=iw

tshadow 08-04-2011 06:11 PM

Dear Friend,

You know what? I think it's that strange thing when the muscles of the rib cage - I don't know their names - but if you use them too much, like hard skiing, then they get injured by overuse, and you may now be able to breathe. It is a HORRIBLE feeling that you can't fall asleep because you have to make yourself breathe. The only other option is for the hospital to intubate you. Or, as they did with me, they just did high doses of morphine, nitro pill, and the nurses all thought I was a faker, until I fell asleep (I hadn't slep for 6 days) but I did go to sleep and my body went wacko and set off so many bells and the nurses said, "what the hell did you do?" And I said, I told you I'd die if I slept! But slowly the hard rib muscle calmed down - I stopped talking, etc.

Sometimes you have to listen to yourself, and other times you have to listen and trust a phycian. The first is the more reliable!

kyoun1e 08-05-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tshadow (Post 792765)
Dear Friend,

You know what? I think it's that strange thing when the muscles of the rib cage - I don't know their names - but if you use them too much, like hard skiing, then they get injured by overuse, and you may now be able to breathe. It is a HORRIBLE feeling that you can't fall asleep because you have to make yourself breathe. The only other option is for the hospital to intubate you. Or, as they did with me, they just did high doses of morphine, nitro pill, and the nurses all thought I was a faker, until I fell asleep (I hadn't slep for 6 days) but I did go to sleep and my body went wacko and set off so many bells and the nurses said, "what the hell did you do?" And I said, I told you I'd die if I slept! But slowly the hard rib muscle calmed down - I stopped talking, etc.

Sometimes you have to listen to yourself, and other times you have to listen and trust a phycian. The first is the more reliable!

This has gotten a lot better with periodic gentle massage. Still, it's a little tender to the touch right above and to the left of my nipple. I don't think it's a pec minor or major strain -- it doesn't hurt if I'm working the muscle.

Wierd.

I am wondering if it does have to do with the lymphatic system or if it could be nerves travelling under pec minor.

KY