NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Anyone else caught in an injury loop? How do you escape? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/154642-else-caught-injury-loop-escape.html)

Jeffrey 08-01-2011 11:03 PM

Anyone else caught in an injury loop? How do you escape?

Despite going slowly; cautiously, I bump into something after a week or two- usually related to a chair or seat.

I really hate chairs, but we need them. Left hip, right hip, head, right scapula, right knee, right forearm & pinkie- all smashed or crushed by parts of them.

That fires off the tooth nerve pain, which fires up the head pain.

I feel like I'm caught in a Catch-22.

Anyone ever try laser surgery to deaden a tooth nerve?

Thanks for your understanding. Sorry if this post bothers anyone.

It got really bad yesterday. Even w/my faith. The injury actually happened in church & I had to leave.

SI33 08-02-2011 05:03 PM

If you're suffering tooth problems, chances are it's calcium/vit d related. Plenty of fortified milk, vit d and a trip to the dentist.

Jeffrey 08-02-2011 09:20 PM

Thanks, yes- 11 months ago, the dentist said there are tiny cracks down the front of both front teeth, but that I don't need a root canal unless the teeth turn grey.

I'm trying to take walks every day for the D.

I do all-natural yogurt every day, but need to get the raw milk going as well (hard to find).

Thanks for the input!

Mark in Idaho 08-03-2011 12:35 AM

Jeffrey,

Have you tried using a numbing toothpaste? Something like Sensodyne?

Or Numzit (sp) or OraGel mouth numbing gel used to help with sore gums and babies with teeth coming in?

Jeffrey 08-03-2011 07:54 AM

I thought about them, but should give them a try. Even if they're not all-natural, like Jason's (no flouride, even), they may help a lot. Thanks.

SmilinEyesMs305 08-05-2011 09:10 AM

I reccommend sensodyne!! My issues are unrelated to my PCS, but since starting sensodyne, I've had a huge reduction in nerve pain!! I know that's what it is, because if I switch to a regular toothpaste (forgot mine on an overnight and used my boyfriends) it was back the next day.

It's worth a shot. Also, if you are truly in that much pain and your dentist refuses a root canal, go to another dentist. That kind of pain is debilitating and most dentists will do whatever needs to be done to decrease pain.

Hope this helps!

Margarite 08-08-2011 06:41 PM

Never Ending!!!

As far as being stuck in an injury loop....UGH!!!
Jan 09 fall off galloping horse 10 hrs amnesia, black out 3 sec, CT negative
Feb 09 kicked with volleyball
July 09 knock heads with brother
Sept 09 kicked by dancing friend
Nov 09 kicked again by dancing friend
Jan 10 head jostled too much by sledding
Jan 10 fell hitting head on metal heater, chair and then floor
July 11 bumped head against low chandelier
July 11 box spring fell on head

Symptoms: Constant headaches, light and sound sensitivity, constant fatigue, trouble concentrating, always ready to be angry or irritated or frustrated, cannot raise my breathing rate without headache worsening, etc...

Does it ever end? I don't know. But after 9 doctors I am done with being poopooed!
God Bless!!

Jeffrey 08-08-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margarite (Post 793991)
As far as being stuck in an injury loop....UGH!!!
Jan 09 fall off galloping horse 10 hrs amnesia, black out 3 sec, CT negative
Feb 09 kicked with volleyball
July 09 knock heads with brother
Sept 09 kicked by dancing friend
Nov 09 kicked again by dancing friend
Jan 10 head jostled too much by sledding
Jan 10 fell hitting head on metal heater, chair and then floor
July 11 bumped head against low chandelier
July 11 box spring fell on head

Symptoms: Constant headaches, light and sound sensitivity, constant fatigue, trouble concentrating, always ready to be angry or irritated or frustrated, cannot raise my breathing rate without headache worsening, etc...

Does it ever end? I don't know. But after 9 doctors I am done with being poopooed!
God Bless!!

Whoa- very sorry to hear about that. Praying for you right now. 9 doctors- hope one of them helped & insurance helped if you have it.