NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   IPAD or IPOD (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/155256-ipad-ipod.html)

Dmom3005 08-12-2011 08:39 PM

IPAD or IPOD

Okay, I need some real ideas. What do those of you that
have them think.

We are looking into for Derrick. I'm hoping to find something
that will help at his next job. When we find it.

Donna:grouphug:

BlueMajo 08-12-2011 09:28 PM

Hum.... Is he more into music or videos ? Both do both things but i think its nicer to watch videos on the ipad and it is nicer to listen music in the ipod....

Dmom3005 08-12-2011 09:35 PM

Blue,
Need to realize this is more for other things.

Like putting in things for visual learning. Maybe a list of things
he has to do at home that day.

A list of task for school.

Price will make a diffence.

Size might make a difference.

I don't know.

Donna:grouphug:

Mari 08-12-2011 09:55 PM

Hi,

iPad:
Starts at $499.00. Is a full computer.
breaks fairly easily because young people drop it. Voice messages don't really work. Has a calendar. Does not have a camera

iPod
Starts at $229.00: I have an iPod. I use it.
Makes voice messages, makes written messages in a virtual note pad, has a nice easy calendar. Small easy to carry -- about the size of a phone or a little bigger. Has a camera.

Some one else using these products will add to what I have here.

M.

BlueCarGal 08-12-2011 10:26 PM

iPad or iPod?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 795264)
Hi,

Jude here.

iPad:
Starts at $499.00. Is a full computer. Needs add-on for printing & other business/education functions.
breaks fairly easily because young people drop it. Voice messages don't really work. Has a calendar. Does not have a camera in original but iPad 2 does.
Available in wifi only or with cell-phone network (monthly service ~$25/mo).
iPads for biz/edu use really need to be wifi+cell, so it's 800$ base & requires the monthly $25+taxes support.

iPod
Makes voice messages, makes written messages in a virtual note pad, has a nice easy calendar. Small easy to carry -- about the size of a phone or a little bigger. Has a camera.
iPod touch is pretty much an iPhone without the phone. That's a computer. Wifi or cell-phone w monthly contract ($$-?). Lots of mobile versions of biz & edu functions, but small touch screen difficult for most large men to use with full computer functionality.
iPod touch, if the size is fine, is by far the best price choice & not a major compromise.

Some one else using these products will add to what I have here.

M.

I hope this is what you had in mind, Mari.

bizi 08-12-2011 11:04 PM

iPad:
Starts at $499.00. Is a full computer. Needs add-on for printing & other business/education functions.
breaks fairly easily because young people drop it. Voice messages don't really work. Has a calendar. Does not have a camera in original but iPad 2 does.
Available in wifi only or with cell-phone network (monthly service ~$25/mo).
iPads for biz/edu use really need to be wifi+cell, so it's 800$ base & requires the monthly $25+taxes support.

iPod
iPod touch is pretty much an iPhone without the phone. That's a computer. Wifi or cell-phone w monthly contract ($$-?). Lots of mobile versions of biz & edu functions, but small touch screen difficult for most large men to use with full computer functionality.
iPod touch, if the size is fine, is by far the best price choice & not a major compromise.

jude added and made the changes. I just wanted to be sure that you saw them....
bizi

Mari 08-13-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudeLauren (Post 795269)
I hope this is what you had in mind, Mari.

Thanks Jude and Bizi. :)

Mari 08-13-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Yes, Jude. I have the iPod Touch.
Thank you.

M.

BlueCarGal 08-13-2011 01:43 AM

Absolutely!:hug:

BlueMajo 08-13-2011 01:46 AM

Lol yeah.... Sorry :o

I would give my vote to the iPad because I'm visually impaired so.... The cell phones sometimes hurt my eyes.... I have a blackberry and my iPod is the nano, I've never had an iPod touch, but I have now an iPad and love it....