NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Social Security review (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/155322-social-security-review.html)

kellysf 08-13-2011 11:28 PM

Social Security review

I've been disabled since Feb. 2003, was granted Social Security in 2007 and just had my first review. My doctor said not to worry about the review because I've actually gotten worse since I was approved for Social Security. However, they made me be seen by their doctor and now want me to have xrays of my spine.

Has anyone had experience with these reviews? If so, how have they gone?

Thanks,
Kelly

Coop42 08-14-2011 10:53 AM

Hi Kelly, I've had quite a few reviews, but I think they were just paperwork. I don't remember seeing any doctors. If your Dr. knows you're not getting any better you should be fine, but I know it's nerve wracking. Good luck.

astern 08-15-2011 10:35 AM

Hi Kelly,

I had my first review a few months ago (I think). I received paperwork to complete. I gathered all my medical records dated from my winning disability to present. About 5-6 months later I received a 1 page form to complete from SS, stating that I am still unable to work and have earned no income.

I hope that's the end of my review process. :lookaround: I have received no confirmation from SS.

I believe my TOS has stayed about the same, but I have some new dx with supporting x-rays (DDD, spondylosis, arthritis) and have stepped up my Psych from a LCSW to a PhD.

Anne

astern 08-18-2011 03:16 PM

coincidentally...

... guess what came in the mail today?

A letter from SS stating: "We sent you a letter telling you we were going to review your disability case. However, we do not need to review your case at this time. Therefore, we will not contact your doctor now. We will keep any information you have given us. We will contact you later if we need to review your case."

FYI,
Anne
:Tip-Hat:

kellysf 08-20-2011 12:14 AM

Thanks for the replies. My doctor appointment was incredibly odd. He didn't ask me about my daily activities or my current symptoms or pain levels. He did ask me how this all started 9 years ago. The only tests he did were for arm and hand strength, which has never been a problem.

I'm hoping maybe some cases are chosen at random to be seen by a doctor.

Kelly

astern 08-20-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysf (Post 797392)
I'm hoping maybe some cases are chosen at random to be seen by a doctor.

Kelly

Oh my, I HOPE they don't choose cases at random! I hope they look at each case individually and make a common-sense call. (are you listening, Govt. Big Brother??) That would be the cost-effective way to handle it.

:p