NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Where have you lived? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/155344-lived.html)

Blessings2You 08-14-2011 03:54 PM

Where have you lived?

I know this has been around before, but there are always new people!

We're watching a Red Sox game at Seattle, and I mentioned to my husband that my father loved Seattle when he was stationed there in the 40's. Said if he had to leave New England, he'd go back to the Seattle area.

Mom was from Ohio (Cleveland area) and Dad from Vermont. They lived in Connecticut, Chicago, San Diego, and several places in VT and NH.

I didn't get that far from ground zero. Other than a couple years in Boston and CT (as a baby) I've only lived in Vermont and New Hampshire. I visited NYC for a couple days, and Ohio for a couple of weeks, both back when I was about 15.

So I don't really know what it's like to live anywhere but here. Where have you lived? What was your favorite, and why? Where would you like to live?

barb02 08-14-2011 04:03 PM

I have lived in East Liverpool, OH, Kent, OH, Washington, PA, and Charleston, IL. My favorite was Kent, but I imagine that is because I lived there during most of my 20s. I would love to live in the fictional town in Connecticut (Stars Hollow) where the Gilmore Girls was filmed:D. I really wish I could live somewhere on Lake Michigan in the summer/fall and in Austin, TX during the winter.

doydie 08-14-2011 04:31 PM

Well I was a preachers kid so we moved a lot. I was born in Kansas, moved to Texas when I was little then up to Illinois and then finally to Southern Indiana where I have stayed. My husband was born here in Evansville, never left and I'm sure he will die here. I would say Illinois was my favorite because we were just such a happy family, never knew what we didn't have. went to 2nd grade through 7th there. But I have been here in Evansville a LONG time. We will have our 40th anniversary next year.

My dad was born in Albert Lea Minn and Mom in Tulsa

Kitty 08-14-2011 04:40 PM

I've lived in VA and GA. Moved to GA when I was 1 and been here ever since. Lived in the same house from the time I was 1 to the day I got married.

After DH died I had to move - couldn't afford it by myself and it was way too much house and property for just me to take care of.

I've always wanted to live in New England or even Washington state or Oregon. I'm so tired of the heat and humidity of the South. Maybe one day.......

Dejibo 08-14-2011 07:16 PM

Name a state, I have lived in it at least twice. My dad was a navy firefighter instructor and we went around the world while he taught fire fighting classes while we were growing up. Then as a preteen we went back to the back woods of NC and stayed till I was 16 and ran away. Im a well traveled girl.

SallyC 08-14-2011 09:37 PM

Born and raised in the Dayton, OH area and still live in a suburb of Dayton, today. When I was 6, we moved to Kokomo, IN, for about a year, Mom was raped by one of the home remodlers and so we moved back to OH.

I lived, as a young Adult, in Lexington,KY with a friend and also in Buffalo. NY, with another friend, for short whiles....always returning to OH. I guess I'm a dyed in the wool Buckeye.:D

mochagirl13 08-15-2011 09:07 AM

Midwestern now but true Eastern gal.

I was born in Philly, then moved to S. Jersey. Next I lived in OH and now Chicago. Eventually I'll move to a warmer climate but with this m.s. not as far south as I want. :mad:

curlydawg 08-15-2011 09:30 AM

I lived in

McColl SC
Columbia SC
Orland FL (Navy)
Memphis TN (Navy)
San Francisco CA (Navy)
San Diego CA (Navy)
Quantanimo Bay Cuba (doing construction work)
Rock Hill SC
Greenville SC
Miami Fl (3 moves there)
Tampa FL (2 moves there)
Winston-Salem NC (2 moves there)
Richmond VA
Greensboro NC
Bethesda MD
Germantown MD
Boston MA
Atlanta GA (3 moves there)
Union SC (2 moves there)

This is it though, I'm done!!!!

SallyC 08-15-2011 11:29 AM

Hey Curlydawg How come you didn't make it to Ohio...sheesh..:D

curlydawg 08-15-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 795969)
Hey Curlydawg How come you didn't make it to Ohio...sheesh..:D

Well Sally, I did have an interview in Cincinatti one time, but I didn't get the contract :eek: