NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Coupon Exchange Anyone? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/155728-coupon-exchange.html)

Kitty 08-21-2011 01:12 PM

Coupon Exchange Anyone?

Jules thread about coupons on ebay got me to thinking about this.

I always clip the coupons from the Sunday paper - whether I'm going to use them or not. I figure I might encounter someone who needs them. I usually just take the ones I'm not going to use to the grocery store with me (if I remember :o) and leave them on the shelves nearby the products they are for.

Since the majority of us here are on fixed incomes - or simply trying to budget as strictly as possible due to our medical issues - I thought maybe we could exchange or trade coupons with each other here. We could list those coupons we have and anyone who needs them could respond. Or someone could list the coupons they need and those that have them could respond.

Sharing of address information would need to be done through PM or email and only if you feel comfortable giving out your personal information and location.

Let me know what ya'll think! :)

SallyC 08-21-2011 01:50 PM

Good idea, Kell. I used to do that. I don't use coups anymore and save Sundays for DD.:)

Jodylee 08-21-2011 07:53 PM

I will probably be using coupons again in the next few months. Count me in...then :).

Dejibo 08-22-2011 06:05 AM

I save about 40% of my bill with coupons. My goal is 50% but I rarely make it. I do frequently hit 35% to 40% tho. I have neighbors give me the coupons they dont use, and I give them ones I dont use. I also use FREE onliine coupon services. If you go to target, type COUPONS in the search bar, they will show you target coupons. Most grocery stores will honor competitors coupons. Go to your fav grocery store and do the same. Couponsuzy.com has decent ones, and coupon.net. I have followed a few free groups and have been getting some trinkets in the mail. A free Tide wash or Downey sample and things such as that.

its such a relief on the budget esp now that DS is here.

TwoKidsTwoCats 08-22-2011 05:50 PM

I remember doing coupon round-robins way back when! Unfortunately, I don't use that many coupons now. The few I do use are usually exclusive to the stores I shop at.

I don't buy that much in the way of prepared goods anymore. What little I do buy, I've never seen coupons for. I use a lot of fresh meats, veggies and fruit. For somethings I use dehydrated or freeze-dried items I buy in bulk because of the longer shelf life.

Kitty 08-22-2011 05:59 PM

That's been my experience too, Pam. Most of the coupons I get are for prepackaged and processed foods. The coupons I use most are for laundry and cleaning products. I still clip the Sunday paper coupons, though. I figure somebody can get some use out of them.