NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   cerebral haemorrhage (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/155730-cerebral-haemorrhage.html)

suemardav 08-21-2011 02:01 PM

cerebral haemorrhage

Hi ive just joined, im sue. Last 0ctober i lost my dad to a massive cerebral haemmorrhage, he was whisked off to hospital but there was nothing they could do apart from keep him comfy, he passed away at 4.30pm that same day, it started off as a normal sunday. We're all still in shock and i dont think its registered properly even now. My mum wondered if he called out when he was in the loo and she didnt hear him, i did say to her he wouldnt have had time, our main concern was that he didnt suffer and simply went unconscious, can anyone enlighten me, id be so grateful to hear from anyone who has experienced a friend/relative passing this way. Thanks Sue

Lynn 08-23-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suemardav (Post 797785)
Hi ive just joined, im sue. Last 0ctober i lost my dad to a massive cerebral haemmorrhage, he was whisked off to hospital but there was nothing they could do apart from keep him comfy, he passed away at 4.30pm that same day, it started off as a normal sunday. We're all still in shock and i dont think its registered properly even now. My mum wondered if he called out when he was in the loo and she didnt hear him, i did say to her he wouldnt have had time, our main concern was that he didnt suffer and simply went unconscious, can anyone enlighten me, id be so grateful to hear from anyone who has experienced a friend/relative passing this way. Thanks Sue

Hi Sue

I am so terribly sorry to hear that you lost your Dad so tragically. Unfortunately, cerebral aneurysms are like ticking timebombs, most often with no symptoms and no warning signs. I am one of the very fortunate ones whose aneurysm was found and fixed before rupture, so I can't comment on how it feels when you rupture, but from what I have read and understand, it is usually fairly fast with a massive rupture like that.

My thoughts are with you and your family, hopefully, you will get some more answers from people who have been in similar situations to you. I just wanted to express my sympathy.

Regards

Lyn

suemardav 08-28-2011 04:19 PM

cerebral haemmorhage

Hi Lyn,

Thank you so much for your kind words, hope youre feeling much better now SUEMARDAV

Red733 08-31-2011 11:28 AM

my bleed

i had a ruptured areurysm last year at the end of august went to e r cat scan showed large fuzzy mass in my brain sept 1 2010 i had coiling surgery fix that one and another the dr found while he was rooting around in there. it took me a lot of phy therapy to get so i could do even minor things but i work hard at getting better every day. been denied for social security but i have lawyer on it. take care. red it felt like i had been struck by lightning when it burst worst pain of my life still have many probs but working on them with drs

scottish_lass 04-06-2012 04:37 AM

Hello Sue,

I am so sorry for your loss !
I lost my mother ages 42 with a cerebral haemorrhage and just been diagnosed with same condition. I am terrified tbh but have decided to get myself as fit as I can.
Aneurysms can go at any time but what I say to myself about my mum and your dad , they didnt suffer .
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Take care