NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   5 years down the track (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/156176-5-track.html)

hchristie 08-29-2011 12:56 AM

5 years down the track

Hi

I had to go home today as I just knew that things are boiling up again inside me. It's coming up, the day is the 12th of September, thats when she passed away. I remember looking into her eyes when she was very frail and thinking how am I going to live without you, I cannot believe this. I was so angry that she was leaving us and we had no control over it. I never would of imagined it happening to me. I would always here about it on the news and was so scared to even think about it. She got cancer. When she was alive, I would always scan her stomach area, thinking you need to go on a diet just was worried about her. She went overseas and got sick was operated on. They wouldn't tell us, my aunty was too scared to even tell us. I said it cancer and she wouldn't say anything. She came back frail she had lost alot of weight, I thought to myself we have a battle on our hands. She had colon cancer and it had spread to the liver. Then it eventually spread to her brain. She was gone, she died at the age of 56.
She was my best friend, I think about her and I just weep. It has gotten easier not thinking about her before bed or when I get up in the mornings. Five years really doesn't seem that long. I don't know how some people do it. I have alot of pain, and yes I see someone occasionally to talk about things.
My dad is 74 this year and has married again, its hard..............he has done this so that he has a companion, I resepct that, but need to cope with the new member of the family.

Anyway I will be alright I'm just feeling a little down today

xxxh

Alffe 08-29-2011 05:42 AM

I'm so sorry christie...anniversary dates are so hard to go through. I just wanted to leave you a hug and to tell you that I understand. :hug:

Chemar 08-29-2011 08:40 PM

Here's another hug Christie :hug:

Soon I will be remembering saying goodbye to my Dad ...also lost too soon to cancer:(
So I also understand how you feel.

I hope that Sept 12 may hold some unexpected blessing for you, and that the ache of missing her will be soothed with good memories

Jaycojade 08-30-2011 10:00 PM

I know what ur going thur; & I wish I had words to ease the pain, but I don't. It was 6 years ago today my younger sister died from her battle with cancer. She first got lung cancer & then it spread to her bones & then to her brain. Her birthday was the 19th & she would of been 55. I miss her alot too. Life is so short.
I wish you peace & alot of wonderful memories.

Take care. Ur in my prayers.
Jaycojade:hug: