NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hi from a newbie with Ocular Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/156237-hi-newbie-ocular-myasthenia-gravis.html)

oobadooba 08-30-2011 12:08 AM

Hi from a newbie with Ocular Myasthenia Gravis

Hi Just was diagnosed with MG and was looking for resources or people in general to share knowledge with as well as someone with simuliar symptoms. This is new to me never heard of MG. I was also told by my doctor recently that I have symptoms in my body.

BlueCarGal 08-30-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oobadooba (Post 800503)
Hi Just was diagnosed with MG and was looking for resources or people in general to share knowledge with as well as someone with simuliar symptoms. This is new to me never heard of MG. I was also told by my doctor recently that I have symptoms in my body.

Dear oobadooba,
Im so glad you came here! My dad was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis a few weeks after my mom announced my impending arrival. MG has been part of my entire life. On of the most important aspects of treatment plan is your support system. NeuroTalk can be part of that: Myasthenia Gravis Forum: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum77.html

This link takes you out of NT to an excellent article Ocular Myasthenia: http://myasthenia.puhs.org/drspector_ocularmg.html

I hope you'll come back, ask questions, let us know what we can do. Take good care.

oobadooba 08-30-2011 06:51 AM

Ok i"ll check it out. I"m sorry to hear about your Dad. This is not the easiest thing to live with which i'm finding out. All we can do is live day by day. What kind of meds is your Dad on? What does he suffer from the most? I have the most understanding doctor. He is always reassuring me that he will try his best to help me feel better. I am currently taking Mesiton. It seems to be helping me especially for my eyes. I can have the worst days with my droopy eyes and can barely keep them open, I do notice that when i'm stress free they open wide once my med kicks in. I do work P/T at Costco as a food demonstrater, now that is fun! It keeps my mind distracted from thinking about the seriousness of this disease. Glad to be a part of this group and look forward to talking to more people about this subject.

BlueCarGal 08-30-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oobadooba (Post 800543)
Ok i"ll check it out. I"m sorry to hear about your Dad. This is not the easiest thing to live with which i'm finding out. All we can do is live day by day. What kind of meds is your Dad on? What does he suffer from the most? I have the most understanding doctor. He is always reassuring me that he will try his best to help me feel better. I am currently taking Mesiton. It seems to be helping me especially for my eyes. I can have the worst days with my droopy eyes and can barely keep them open, I do notice that when i'm stress free they open wide once my med kicks in. I do work P/T at Costco as a food demonstrater, now that is fun! It keeps my mind distracted from thinking about the seriousness of this disease. Glad to be a part of this group and look forward to talking to more people about this subject.

Hi again, oobadooba! Glad to see you back. My dad passed away, not from MG. Mesiton was the last thing he used. He fought with the droopy eyes, too, & at one point actually had a tosis procedure to physically improve the situation from the outside it. Insurance co wouldn't pay, said it was cosmetic.
Whatever, he felt that it helped.

Stress play a huge part in managing MG, MS, fibromyalgia, &similar diseases. IMHO stress figures in all disease.

Intro yourself on the MG forum--lots of wise people there.

oobadooba 08-30-2011 07:57 AM

Sorry! I have my days with severe fatigue. Mestinon is helping but it has only been almost 2 months on this med. I also have a priszm on my eye glasses. It does help with the double vision tremendously. As each day passes i seem to get used to my episodes and realize when i need to rest inbetween my daily activities. It helps to rest alot. Sometime i feel guilty when i sit around the house but it's about what makes me feel better. thanks for your response.

oobadooba 08-30-2011 08:03 AM

Sorry!..... I have only been on mestinon for 2 months. It does seem to help me so far. I hope this is the med that they keep me on, don't want to go on prednisone, heard too many bad things and saw the look that it causes people. I just try to stay stress free.....it helps! I also have a priszm on one of my lenses on my eye seeing glasses to help with the double vision. The med seems to help my droopy eye lids. I will check out the MG forums. Thanks

Darlene 08-31-2011 12:57 AM

Hello & Welcome

oobadooba,

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help.

There are great number and caring fellow members here to assist you. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darlene :hug:

oobadooba 09-01-2011 06:56 AM

Thank you so much Darlene. It is such a relief to know that there are other people out there I can relate to. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one with MG. I will need plenty of shoulder's to lean on. Thanks again for your warm welcome.