NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Commercial You Cannot Watch!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/157147-commercial-watch.html)

SallyC 09-13-2011 03:39 PM

The Commercial You Cannot Watch!!

I have 2 that I Close my eyes and say "La La L", until I can hit the mute button or change the channel.

1. The mother holding her coughing choking child with whooping cough.

2. Any of the Abused Animal adoption messages.

Blessings2You 09-13-2011 03:56 PM

We don't watch many commercials now that my husband has discovered the shutterupper, the artist formerly known as the remote. :D

The local commercials are the worst. Screaming bobbleheads. Ugh.

Jodylee 09-13-2011 04:05 PM

The best 10 bucks a month I have ever spent is on my dvr :). I haven't watched a commercial for years.

Kitty 09-13-2011 04:20 PM

I agree, Sally. I can't stand either of those commercials. They're almost as bad as the 5 minute long pharmaceutical commercials that have to explain why taking a certain pill may cause a fatal reaction....and every other possible side effect. :rolleyes: By the time the commercial is over I've decided that the condition that the med is for is better than the side effects of the med!

Blessings2You 09-13-2011 05:52 PM

The ads drive my husband nuts. He talks back to them, and about half of them elicit "That's the stupidest commercial I've ever seen!!!!"

I'm usually on the computer while the tv's on (multi-tasking, hahaha) and I just kind of tune them out. I am a little sick of that lady that literally falls out of her chair every time she hears the cheap insurance quotes.

Kitty 09-13-2011 05:56 PM

Oh, the insurance ones are the worst. Geico, Progressive, Allstate. State Farm is even getting in on them. I think the most annoying one for me is the lady dancing on the diner counter because she's saving money on her insurance. I can't mute the TV fast enough.

doydie 09-13-2011 08:47 PM

right now it's the political ads. One right after the other. Mr. Candidate A says all the wrong things that Mr. Candidate B does wrong and everything he does right. The next commercial is Mr Candidate B saying the same thing about Mr. Candidate A and how wonderful he is. Who do you believe? I think that is why America has such a low voting population.

SallyC 09-13-2011 09:42 PM

I agree Doydie. Political commercials are just as phoney and misleading as all the others..:rolleyes::D

Kitty 09-14-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 805261)
I agree Doydie. Political commercials are just as phoney and misleading as all the others..:rolleyes::D

Just a bunch of liars calling other liars liars. ;)

hollym 09-14-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodylee (Post 805157)
The best 10 bucks a month I have ever spent is on my dvr :). I haven't watched a commercial for years.

Me, too! My kids will mention a commercial and I give them that blank look and then they say "that's right, you never watch them anymore".