NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   hi need a opinion (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/157417-hi-opinion.html)

rod_1965 09-17-2011 06:03 PM

hi need a opinion

hello everyone im new to this community. I needed some advice or point of view.i just had my ssdi hearing a few days ago and im waiting for a decision .i did have a lawyer and rfcs from my doctor and from my phycologist,the hearing took about 20 minutes and i was surprised because my lawyer said it would take an hour.the judge had a vocacional expert present but curiously did not ask any questions of this expert.so im wondering if this is a good sign or bad sign when it comes to being approved.thanks so much. oh by the way im in my mid forties male and have back problems,deppresion anxiety.

Zevan 09-17-2011 06:37 PM

The Vocational expert wasn't asked any questions or ever said anything at my hearing. I got an unfavorable decision but don't think because this happened to me it will happen to you. I've heard others haven't had the vocational expert say anything and they did win. I have another major problem that happened in my case causing my denial. Hope you win.:)

LIT LOVE 09-17-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rod_1965 (Post 806366)
hello everyone im new to this community. I needed some advice or point of view.i just had my ssdi hearing a few days ago and im waiting for a decision .i did have a lawyer and rfcs from my doctor and from my phycologist,the hearing took about 20 minutes and i was surprised because my lawyer said it would take an hour.the judge had a vocacional expert present but curiously did not ask any questions of this expert.so im wondering if this is a good sign or bad sign when it comes to being approved.thanks so much. oh by the way im in my mid forties male and have back problems,deppresion anxiety.

There is simply no way to know from the information you provided.

Did the Vocational expert provide any testimony whatsoever?

What did your attorney say afterwards?

rod_1965 09-17-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 806377)
There is simply no way to know from the information you provided.

Did the Vocational expert provide any testimony whatsoever?

What did your attorney say afterwards?

no the vocational exper said nothing at all and my attorney said i got a really good judge and she felt that i won.

Zevan 09-17-2011 07:22 PM

How great to hear you got a good judge. I had to hear I got the worst of the bunch. I'm sure you'll win now, don't see any reason you won't. :Good-Luck:

rod_1965 09-17-2011 07:30 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zevan (Post 806371)
The Vocational expert wasn't asked any questions or ever said anything at my hearing. I got an unfavorable decision but don't think because this happened to me it will happen to you. I've heard others haven't had the vocational expert say anything and they did win. I have another major problem that happened in my case causing my denial. Hope you win.:)

thank you so much for taking the time to reply.I also wish you luck in your case I know how frustrating the wait and denials are even though i have not gone through what you have.

LIT LOVE 09-17-2011 08:16 PM

If your attorney was optismistic, then that is your answer, you should be as well. Keep your mind off it until a letter shows up or money is deposited. Meditation, exercise, whatever works for you.

If you think that the worst possible result is a delay, it might be easier to manage the stress.

Cblue 09-18-2011 03:45 PM

At my ALJ hearing the vocational expert did not say anything at all. Afterward my attourney said that was a good sign. I was approved. I wish you good luck!!!!

rod_1965 09-19-2011 02:55 AM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cblue (Post 806649)
At my ALJ hearing the vocational expert did not say anything at all. Afterward my attourney said that was a good sign. I was approved. I wish you good luck!!!!

thank you for wishing me luck and im glad they approved you.