NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   ssdi direct deposit help (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/157436-ssdi-direct-deposit-help.html)

rod_1965 09-18-2011 12:24 AM

ssdi direct deposit help

hello I was wondering if anyone knew if the payment center at SSA will contact me to ask me about direct deposit if I win my hearing? I dont remember when I applied if i gave them any imformation about direct deposit and i dont have a bank account at the moment. thank you.

LIT LOVE 09-18-2011 02:05 AM

Don't wait for a phone call/letter, this will just cause a delay.

Either way, if they have bad account info or no account info, you'll need to open a new checking or savings account and then walk that into your SS local office to update.

Credit Unions or small, local banks will often be a good place to start if you have only a small deposit to open an account with. If you had a problem with a checking account getting closed on you, a savings account without a debit card will be your easiest/quickest way to do so.

If you'd like to open a checking account, but have been denied because of issues with a past account, pm me and I'll try to direct you to help.

don1956 09-18-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 806478)

Either way, if they have bad account info or no account info, you'll need to open a new checking or savings account and then walk that into your SS local office to update.

Credit Unions or small, local banks will often be a good place to start if you have only a small deposit to open an account with. If you had a problem with a checking account getting closed on you, a savings account without a debit card will be your easiest/quickest way to do so.

If you'd like to open a checking account, but have been denied because of issues with a past account, pm me and I'll try to direct you to help.

hey i needed to know that.i just approved,so monday i will take your advice and head on to my bank;):wink:

rod_1965 09-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 806478)

thank you for your advice i will do that ASAP.

bdh1 09-18-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don1956 (Post 806544)
hey i needed to know that.i just approved,so monday i will take your advice and head on to my bank;):wink:

Make sure you call Social Security and tell them the acct # they have now is closed and give them your new bank info. That happened to me and it held up my back pay by 3 mos.

LIT LOVE 09-18-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptcs (Post 806632)
Make sure you call Social Security and tell them the acct # they have now is closed and give them your new bank info. That happened to me and it held up my back pay by 3 mos.

I have to disagree with calling this info in. Bringing it in person to a local office is a better safeguard that it is actually updated.

If someone had no option but to call it in, make sure it is to your local office, not the national 800#, and keep a record of the date and name of the person that helped you.

don1956 09-18-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 806671)
I have to disagree with calling this info in. Bringing it in person to a local office is a better safeguard that it is actually updated.

If someone had no option but to call it in, make sure it is to your local office, not the national 800#, and keep a record of the date and name of the person that helped you.

thanks "litLove"i will do it first thing monday.i was told by the judge i will not get my first check for aleast5months

ballerina 09-18-2011 06:45 PM

Congrats Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shall we dance???????

don1956 09-19-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballerina (Post 806710)
Congrats Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shall we dance???????

hey its Miss"ballerinaGirl":D...thanks for the kind words.wish i could dance though,but those days are long over for good:(:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz8yg9MYf8Q

Janke 09-19-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don1956 (Post 806687)
thanks "litLove"i will do it first thing monday.i was told by the judge i will not get my first check for aleast5months

You do know that the ALJ only controls the date you get the decision that you are disabled and has zero control over when you get paid. However, once you get a favorable decision, the wheels of the payment center start working on getting you paid.