NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   my hands let me make a salad that was mmm mmm good (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/157916-hands-salad-mmm-mmm.html)

eva5667faliure 09-25-2011 03:14 PM

my hands let me make a salad that was mmm mmm good

good day to all,
so my daughter says oh mom this is so good, and i was like i know. but just the the thought that i used a knife and bent down to get things out of the frige scared me. so today not much happened but i can tell you that i woke up at about 3:30 and i was able to go back to sleep, and i was like OK this is different, i could get used to this:cool:. i was supposed to go to my daughters house but her roof was being worked on, oh how convenient. anyways i told my youngest daughter she should go to her fathers house. but first she had to do laundry, she put the laundry in the washer machine and RING RING her father calls he says im down stairs. corissa(daughter) practically jumped out of her skin. she runs down stairs and about a hour later i call my daughter, WHERE IS THE F-ING LAUNDRY. i tell her to come home now and get the laundry to teach her that at 13 she needs to finish what she started. now i get to give her a lecture. no but seriously anybody with OCD and has spinal disorders needs to chill out:cool:. still waiting my neurosurgeon to call for i still haven't fused but at least i can go on and find other issues like horns syndrome due to surgery and the pathways can be tested even if damaged this should have red flagged my doctors.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

have a better day then my daughter...lolz bye

bunz50 09-27-2011 08:13 AM

Wow I seriously don't mean any disrespect but that was brutal, I don't understand,?????
In your other post you say,"P.S. I was able to enjoy a wonderful salad that my 13 year old prepared and it took me forever to eat"
????
She's 13, helpful and caring, Wow! ????
Sorry can't help myself from responding, and again I mean no disrespect,
Bunz

eva5667faliure 09-27-2011 11:45 AM

the point of me writing this was that my doctor has not only treated me like i was just a money sign but when i don't have my medicine i cant do anything. and by anything i mean i cant even get out of bed. after surgery i have not been under the pain level of 5 it is a terrible feeling. cooking is what i do and to know that i cant cook anymore is hurting me even more. when i don't have medicine in my body i am lucky to be able to pick up something as simple as a fork. no disrespect taken ,but i don't understand your question. plz elaborate. the only reason i am on neuro talk is because i want to give my story and maybe get some helpful advice

plz write back

bunz50 09-27-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva5667faliure (Post 809676)
the point of me writing this was that my doctor has not only treated me like i was just a money sign but when i don't have my medicine i cant do anything. and by anything i mean i cant even get out of bed. after surgery i have not been under the pain level of 5 it is a terrible feeling. cooking is what i do and to know that i cant cook anymore is hurting me even more. when i don't have medicine in my body i am lucky to be able to pick up something as simple as a fork. no disrespect taken ,but i don't understand your question. plz elaborate. the only reason i am on neuro talk is because i want to give my story and maybe get some helpful advice

plz write back

I don't understand your posts sorry, they just do not make sense, I, as well as a lot of people on this forum live with chronic pain daily and take meds, and still manage to do things for themselves. I am not sure what surgery you had because I'm confused reading your posts, I had a 3 level ACDF C4-C7 with titanium plate and six screws, have the double crush sydrome with C3-4 herniation and C7-8 herniated, ostoephytes at C4-5, C6-7, radiculopathy both arms down to my hands, and I developed TOS, yes my pain is a constant 7-8 daily, but with all issues and pain I still try to accomplish something to make me feel I am being productive in life even if it hurts..
And I am still trying to figure out if was actually you or your daughter that made the salad? Again I mean no disrespect, and there are many knowledgeable people on this forum with chronic pain that still lead productive lives in pain. Again my ? is who made the salad?
Bunz

eva5667faliure 09-27-2011 07:09 PM

hi,
i am sorry i confused you with my story, it was me, mommy, who was able 2 pick up tools and made the mmm mmm salad, with minimal pain. i finally had gotten my script for my pain meds. i talk about how i would take the pain back i had before any of my surgeries (it was not anything i suffer now). point, it is that i was forced 2 miss 2 full days of medicine, making it difficult for anything 2 get done, like making it 2 the bathroom and back. going without any pain meds for a brief period was cruel and due 2 the disregard of the importance of them i never want 2 go missing any doses, as he allowed me the unforgivable suffering of pain.

i am sorry if i get 2 sound like i do not make any sense.
bottom line i went 2 long without my medicine.

hope this helped you

sorry,

wishing you better strength
i also have ocd 2 boot