NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   burning all over (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/157978-burning.html)

drwk 09-26-2011 04:06 PM

burning all over

Does anyone else experience burning all over? If you do is it for sure a neuronopathy?

drwk 09-27-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwk (Post 809390)
Does anyone else experience burning all over? If you do is it for sure a neuronopathy?

So, no one can relate to pain in all parts of the body? Please let me know if you do.

Aussie99 09-27-2011 09:26 PM

Hi

I have strong painful prickling pins and needles pain all over lately. Not a nice feeling at all. Sometimes I take codeine and panadol 15mg. Sometimes I take voltaren. Sometimes the pain goes away after a while or changes characteristics. Mostly I learned to live with it. I have PN for 6.5 years of which almost 3 years I was in remission until a car accident this past March jarred my spine and triggered it all over again.

drwk 09-27-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie99 (Post 809862)
I have strong painful prickling pins and needles pain all over lately. Not a nice feeling at all. Sometimes I take codeine and panadol 15mg. Sometimes I take voltaren. Sometimes the pain goes away after a while or changes characteristics. Mostly I learned to live with it. I have PN for 6.5 years of which almost 3 years I was in remission until a car accident this past March jarred my spine and triggered it all over again.

Thanks Aussie for commenting:). Do you have symptoms in your abdomen and back. I am so scared that mine is spreading so quickly. Thanks a lot!

Aussie99 09-28-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwk (Post 809867)
Thanks Aussie for commenting:). Do you have symptoms in your abdomen and back. I am so scared that mine is spreading so quickly. Thanks a lot!

It spread to every centimetre of my body. It's painful small fibre. I have had it 6.5 years. It never killed me. It spread and then it got better. I was almost normal for 3 years. As I said I was in a car accident this past March and got wiplash and other spinal issues and I had a strong inflammatory response which triggered a painful flare that comes and goes. Since I am on a few prescription meds for other things (non neuropathy related), I am hesitant to commit to more drugs for the PN. Yes I pop a painpill when it goes over 5/6 on pain scale. But mainly I just have learned to live with it. I find when I am really thinking about it, it hurts more. So I occupy myself with things like work,reading,cooking,cleaning, exercise,family,friends, and the more occupied I am the less time I worry about my pain. Clean up your diet, examine the meds you are on, get exercise,get sleep, mediate, and look after yourself and find a doctor you really trust. I don't know what the cause of your PN is, and I still dont have a verdict on mine just a theory. But mine was self limiting. It didn't kill me and I am still leading a normal life although I am in pain sometimes.

Aussie :)

glenntaj 09-28-2011 06:53 AM

I certainly experienced--

--body wide burning during the most severe phase of what was apparently a monophasic small-fiber post-infectious molecular mimicry event. It lasted for some years, though the most severe symptoms cropped up in the days after it started on April 12 2003 and plateaued approximately 3-4 months later, then slowly--very slowly--began to recede.

Such an acute onset generally implies an autoimmune or toxic event, though this can happen in some metabolic situations.