NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSDI told me on the phone they made a decision, but I have to wait for the mail. (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/158065-ssdi-told-phone-decision-wait-mail.html)

Karen67 09-27-2011 09:51 AM

SSDI told me on the phone they made a decision, but I have to wait for the mail.

Well, I am guessing that I have not been awarded my benefits. I filed on 8/17/2011 so I am willing to bet it is a BIG fat no. Maybe I will be one of the lucky few that gets it right off the bat. I really don't see how they could make a decision so quickly because my symptoms are continuing to spread from limb to limb??!! (I have RSD) And I told them as much. Sorry for the rant but I am a bit annoyed at the moment. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.:) and thanks for listening once again. :grouphug: Karen67

gilbert 09-27-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen67 (Post 809652)
Well, I am guessing that I have not been awarded my benefits. I filed on 8/17/2011 so I am willing to bet it is a BIG fat no. Maybe I will be one of the lucky few that gets it right off the bat. I really don't see how they could make a decision so quickly because my symptoms are continuing to spread from limb to limb??!! (I have RSD) And I told them as much. Sorry for the rant but I am a bit annoyed at the moment. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.:) and thanks for listening once again. :grouphug: Karen67

well,keep your fingers crossed karen.getting approved for benefits on your first try doesn't happen very often but it does in certain cases.we'll keep pulling for ya.good luck.:)

don1956 09-27-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

oh no "karen" we understand.there's not one person here who has not gone,or felt the same as you(been there done that)just please keep us informed either way;)

ginnie 09-27-2011 10:48 AM

Re:decision

I will pray that your case goes through. So many are having the same kind of troulbe and it breaks my heart to see the suffering. I have been told each state is a bit different in how they handle the cases. ginnie

ballerina 09-27-2011 12:13 PM

I am keeping vigil with you! Please don't get too frustrated. Chin up and let us know when you get your letter.

bdh1 09-27-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

My neighbor got approved within 60 days of her app. She lost most of the use in both legs (don't know what she is diagnosed with).
If you supplied all your doctors and medical info, it IS possible you were approved.

Karen67 09-28-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptcs (Post 809733)
My neighbor got approved within 60 days of her app. She lost most of the use in both legs (don't know what she is diagnosed with).
If you supplied all your doctors and medical info, it IS possible you were approved.

Thanks everybody for you super kind words and sending some good ju-ju my way. I am just going to hope for the best and expect the worst. I think that's a safe place to keep my mind. The main reason I am so doubtful about getting my SSDI this soon is because of the rapid spread of my RSD in such a short period of time. I just don't believe that they (SSD) can know yet about how and where the RSD has spread to. Not there fault. I think I filed too soon. But at least now my chart at my PM doc will be very up to date on what is happening to me. Thanks again for all your support everyone.:) I will let y'all know what the letter says when I get it. :grouphug: Karen

ginnie 09-28-2011 09:42 AM

Re: benefits

I hope and pray that you get your benefits. It can be awarded the first try. Please let us know. I know what you are going through as do so many that have gone before. It is a difficult road, made harder because you don't feel well. You are in my thoughts. ginnie:hug:

kolie 10-12-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen67 (Post 809921)
Thanks everybody for you super kind words and sending some good ju-ju my way. I am just going to hope for the best and expect the worst. I think that's a safe place to keep my mind. The main reason I am so doubtful about getting my SSDI this soon is because of the rapid spread of my RSD in such a short period of time. I just don't believe that they (SSD) can know yet about how and where the RSD has spread to. Not there fault. I think I filed too soon. But at least now my chart at my PM doc will be very up to date on what is happening to me. Thanks again for all your support everyone.:) I will let y'all know what the letter says when I get it. :grouphug: Karen

Karen67 You must believe God has the final ruling in all situations. Long story short my hearing was around the same as yours and my Attorney,whom I never met until 5 Minutes before the hearing gave me his denial before even going before the alj. I gave it to God and proceeded to go before the alj. The Attorney went in asking to postpone due to his lack of proof. The alj denied his request and proceeded with information she acquired, she made a bench decision in my favor. All that to say stay prayed up and I will pray for you too. SSA just needs time to weed out the predators who take advantage of the system. God Bless you and everything is going to be o.k.