NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Fridge door to the side of the head (gently, thank God), and slipped- no fall (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/158186-fridge-door-head-gently-thank-god-slipped-fall.html)

Jeffrey 09-28-2011 08:57 PM

Fridge door to the side of the head (gently, thank God), and slipped- no fall

Noticed this on the login page-

"Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here."

I wish- what doctor? :confused:

Mon. I actually let the fridge door inside plastic shelf tap the side of the head.

Thank God it happened very lightly. Lot of weight behind one of those. Bad headache yesterday & neck pain. Not bad enough to pop the skull out of alignment off the spine I hope.

Today, slipped on water near the sink, but didn't fall.

Still, the slip makes me wonder how the back, hip, knee & ankle will be.

I hate talking like this. I'm 37... Anyway thanks for your understanding. I figured people hear would understand.

freezerdoor 09-28-2011 10:21 PM

Right there with you. I'm 39 and WAS uber athletic up until I hit my head in March. Rushing around near a fridge will get you.

Hope you are okay.

Mark in Idaho 09-29-2011 01:12 AM

The Consumer Product Safety Commission needs to outlaw refrigerators. They are causing too many concussions.

roadrunner63 09-29-2011 06:51 AM

I didn't actually disclose details but did mention I hit my head hard last week. I hit it inside the refrigerator. I had bent down to get something off the bottom shelf and when I stood up the top of my head hit the inside top of the refrigerator full force. I was just a bit embarrassed to say how I hit it at the time!

freezerdoor 09-29-2011 07:35 AM

I agree Mark!

I didn't say anything either (or do I just not remember telling you all?) but I hit my head again on the freezer door a week or so ago. :o I had a few bad days after that.

Jeffrey 09-29-2011 08:25 AM

Sorry to hear that FD. Glad things got better after a few days, though.

I wish the door didn't automatically swing shut. My body is more important than food. Anyway, caution x100 now.

Thanks for the replies.

greenfrog 09-29-2011 10:47 AM

Maybe we all need to carry around reminders (on bracelets, tattoos, etc) along the lines of the warnings on some car mirrors: "objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

nightnurse30 09-29-2011 04:17 PM

I hit my head again this weekend. On the headboard of my bed. It was a pretty hard hit too. Immediate headache. Now i have awful pressure headaches since and its not getting any better. I was 5 months out and here we go again. Feel like im such a klutz!

frzrdoor2 10-01-2011 11:01 PM

I didn't know so many of us had relationships with our appliances :) I still get the heebie jeebies when I am around my refrigerator..and then I kick it just to get back at the *^&( thing. I have never had a freezer on the top before and now I know why.

I am going Monday to pick up my new frig with freezer on the bottom. I'll let you know how I handle being around it.

I really do find myself protecting my head in all kinds of different situations. I am so much more cautious now and do worry "what if" I hit it again.