NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   dizziness (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/158187-dizziness.html)

rick92 09-28-2011 09:44 PM

dizziness

i suffer extreme dizziness when under any type of stress

and also if i do any type of exercise, even if i lift a 10 pound box

are there any medications for this or any thing to relieve it??

its my worst symptom by far

just not right 09-29-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick92 (Post 810239)
i suffer extreme dizziness when under any type of stress

and also if i do any type of exercise, even if i lift a 10 pound box

are there any medications for this or any thing to relieve it??

its my worst symptom by far

I take antivert for dizziness, but under stress my dizziness gets much worse and head starts to tingle and weird sensations

SmilinEyesMs305 09-29-2011 02:22 PM

Same here... I've gotten help with vestibular therapy.

However, when really stressed or my heart rate gets up too high.... I have to lay down immediately, flat on the ground. For me it helps to put an ice pack under my neck as well. And then just wait till it passes, could be a few minutes to a few hours.

It sucks. It's no longer my worst symptom thanks to vestibular therapy, but when stress plays a part, I can be completely laid out by it. Who can go through life without any stress? This is why I'm so afraid to try going back to Grad School or trying to find a job, etc. Stress is always a part of life... and my brain can't seem to handle it.

Sorry... I don't really have an answer for you... but I share your pain....

pcslife 09-29-2011 02:35 PM

Same here like others. Stress make it worse. Malls or any busy places out of my life for about 2 years now. If I am with 2 people talking I get dizzy. Street noise make dizzy and get imbalance feeling.

It is not verigo and not spinning - more like imbalance and momentary faint like feeling (as a shock in head, face).

So far worst symptom for 2 + years.:(

rick92 09-29-2011 05:49 PM

yall described it perfectly. and when im in a stressful situation i need my brain to function at its best and i stress more because i worry about how it will react so its just a huge downward spiral. this is a terrible way to live

winic1 09-30-2011 08:12 AM

I call them "my own private earthquakes". Suddenly the world is unstable for a few moments (or longer).

We've made it a joke at home--I suddenly wobble, grab something or do the "startle jerk" with my arms to regain balance, and either hubby or I go "did you feel that? that was a big one!"

There's also "these dang walls won't stay still...." among others.

Humor can sometimes help take the stress off. Which at least makes it less upsetting for the moment.

Been dealing with dizziness for about 5-6 years now.

Vestibular therapy helps. Since my dizziness comes from my brain, not my ears (after extensive, exhaustive, and nauseating testing), it didn't "cure" the dizziness at all, but it did make me much better at dealing with it and catching my balance.

Recent years a cane has really helped. I don't use it at home, but do when I go out, gives you something to hang on to and lean on and remain connected to the ground with. Stability in your hand.

And there are some really pretty and nice patterns out there. Or get a plain one and decorate it yourself. (And for the guys--patterns, or use spray paint or sports logos or other manly stuff, decorate does not have to mean girly).

SD38 09-30-2011 08:46 AM

dizziness and Thoracic outlet syndrome

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcslife (Post 810473)
Same here like others. Stress make it worse. Malls or any busy places out of my life for about 2 years now. If I am with 2 people talking I get dizzy. Street noise make dizzy and get imbalance feeling.

It is not verigo and not spinning - more like imbalance and momentary faint like feeling (as a shock in head, face).

So far worst symptom for 2 + years.:(

I experience similar to you and get problems with DIZZINESS, IMBALANCE and also pulsing sounds ( pulsatile tinnitus ) headachy etc. I'm also diagnosed as having Venous and Arterial TOS.
Maybe you could pick up some helpful info from that forum?
SD38:)