NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Stiffness around implant (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/158342-stiffness-implant.html)

Sandy Kay 10-01-2011 01:47 AM

Stiffness around implant

:confused:
I need some input from all of you.
I am 2 months posts op and my back has become very stiff and tight. I don't normally have back pain as mine is abdominal. Is this normal healing?
My Dr has said no bending but I can begin slowly adding more movement in my life. Any suggestions?

Sandy

Mark56 10-01-2011 07:52 AM

Physical Therapy

At two months post op, my doc prescribed PT so as to reintroduce movement in a carefully monitored structured environment which would restore both strength and range of motion. I would consider asking for a scrip for PT so issues such as these you fear may be addressed under guidance and care. Gee whiz, every surgery I have been through which produced a post op effect as you describe was accompanied by a PT scrip, Sandy, so healing could be best possible without inducing stiffness that endures. It is a common package in these parts of the country.

Caring,
Mark56:hug:z

Rrae 10-01-2011 08:41 PM

Have you had a recent follow up visit with Dr?
Certainly bring this up at your visit. Otherwise, like Mark says, as you slowly get back in the swing of things, you should be feeling back to normal soon.

PT is very important. I wish I would've followed thru with this more than I did!

:hug: Rae :hug:

Sandy Kay 10-02-2011 11:51 PM

PT After Surgery

My Dr. never mentioned any type of PT. I'll give him a call this week.

Sandy

Mark56 10-03-2011 12:03 AM

PT for Sandy Kay

Yup, Sandy, this would be about the time when my docs had me to start PT, beginning gently and building up from there to restorative motion and strength. It will hurt, but there is no gain with no pain [quote from KZLRogue, our lurking and by now very busy young Army veteran who gives her all to restore physical pleasures such as golf and karate]. Oh, btw, our youngest son was just promoted to Sergeant in the Army [Hooah!] and he claims to be the youngest of his genre right now. We are pretty well proud of him and his wife. [Sorry, just had to brag about him, even though off topic]

My doc had me doing both "dry land" gym PT and pool therapy to give me a complete workout. This ultimately lasted about three hours a session before I reached the conclusion of that period of about 4 months.

Heal well, my friend,
Mark56:hug:zzz

Sandy Kay 10-04-2011 12:10 AM

PT

Mark
I am always amazed at your insight and ability to understand what others are going through. You are able to put into words what many feel and don't quite know how to express.

Congrats on your son's promotion. You should be proud. I hope he knows how greatful people are for his service. He is a brave young man to protect the USA and all we believe in. May God watch over him and his family.

Good luck in your new position. You've been through alot to get there.

Hopefully PT is in my future.

Sandy