NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   St. Jude SCS (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/158402-st-jude-scs.html)

peppermintpatty 10-02-2011 01:40 PM

St. Jude SCS

Since the old thread was closed, I thought I would start a new one.

I am scheduled to get the St. Jude SCS this coming Wednesday. After much research, second and third opinions, and prayer, I finally feel at peace with my decision. I'm still apprehensive, don't get me wrong, but I do feel that I'm doing the right thing.

The trial was a rousing success for me. As fate would have it, it was put in the day before we had to evacuate due to hurricane Irene. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd have survived that evacuation otherwise. It didn't block all of the pain, but I'd say a good 75% of it. My levels were down to a 3-4, which is acceptable to me. For those who are curious, I have peripheral neuropathy and CRPS-Type II in my left leg, as a result of a nerve that was severely damaged.

One thing I would like to remind others who might be considering a SCS is the reality: the SCS likely will NOT resolve your pain entirely, but it will hopefully get it to a more manageable level, improving your quality of life.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can about my decision, the trial, etc. And of course, after my surgery, I'll be happy to share those details as well.

ron h 10-03-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppermintpatty (Post 811382)
Since the old thread was closed, I thought I would start a new one.

I am scheduled to get the St. Jude SCS this coming Wednesday. After much research, second and third opinions, and prayer, I finally feel at peace with my decision. I'm still apprehensive, don't get me wrong, but I do feel that I'm doing the right thing.

The trial was a rousing success for me. As fate would have it, it was put in the day before we had to evacuate due to hurricane Irene. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd have survived that evacuation otherwise. It didn't block all of the pain, but I'd say a good 75% of it. My levels were down to a 3-4, which is acceptable to me. For those who are curious, I have peripheral neuropathy and CRPS-Type II in my left leg, as a result of a nerve that was severely damaged.

One thing I would like to remind others who might be considering a SCS is the reality: the SCS likely will NOT resolve your pain entirely, but it will hopefully get it to a more manageable level, improving your quality of life.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can about my decision, the trial, etc. And of course, after my surgery, I'll be happy to share those details as well.

good luck and prayers with you
ron h:grouphug:

PatriciaB 10-03-2011 12:18 PM

Hi All,
I have not logged in a few days. My uncle died late last night-a truly happly release. I got a call this morning form my consultant's secretary to say that my trial was not happening for another 2 weeks. I am so disappointed. She also said that the trial itself was being replaced by a different producure for all prospective patients. I can't follow whats going on. She referred to some form of lesioning. Any help folks??

Mark56 10-03-2011 03:16 PM

Patricia!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaB (Post 811615)
Hi All,
I have not logged in a few days. My uncle died late last night-a truly happly release. I got a call this morning form my consultant's secretary to say that my trial was not happening for another 2 weeks. I am so disappointed. She also said that the trial itself was being replaced by a different producure for all prospective patients. I can't follow whats going on. She referred to some form of lesioning. Any help folks??

Sorry on both accounts. Death is easier to accept when it is viewed as a release to the next horizon and a passing from life which is painful and difficult. One of my friends in his 90s seems to be nearing that moment....
As to your delay for Trial... I am doubly sorry!!! Then the switch out for some other undisclosed procedure.... now THAT would rile me up big time. Disclosure is the mandate isn't it?

Prayin for ya,
Mark56:hug:z

Mark56 10-03-2011 03:17 PM

Peppermint!!!!

Prayin all goes extremely well for you in this implant!!! St Judes all the way!!

Healing Prayers,
Mark56:hug:zz

peppermintpatty 10-03-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaB (Post 811615)
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that but glad that it was a happy release for him.

I don't know what they were referring to regarding the different trial method. I just had my trial (St. Jude) last month and it was as everyone else has described.

peppermintpatty 10-03-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark56 (Post 811668)
Prayin all goes extremely well for you in this implant!!! St Judes all the way!!

Healing Prayers,
Mark56:hug:zz

Thank you, Mark! I'm so very hopeful and ready to move on. Two years is about one year and 51 weeks too long!

Rrae 10-11-2011 02:59 PM

Care Call!

How are you doing Peppermintpatty!

Did you have your surgery on Wed? Anxious to hear an update

Still standing on Jeremiah 29:11 :hug:

Rae

Mark56 10-11-2011 06:13 PM

Yep, an update Plez Peppermint

And I heartily Agree with Rae in Jeremiah 21:11..... oh Yeah!

Prayin too,
Mark56:grouphug:

alt1268 01-13-2012 03:35 PM

I am scheduled for a st. jude trial on February 21. For RSD of the right foot and ankle. This is my second trial and the first one which was a boston scientific didn't give me much relief. (I was down 3 days with extreme back pain from the insertion). Any insight is greatly appreciated.