NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Cold weather.....yuk! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/158439-cold-weather-yuk.html)

Russell 10-03-2011 09:18 AM

Cold weather.....yuk!

Now that cold weather is approaching my left leg is also starting the symptoms of my RSD spreading. Already my left hand and arm aches and burns and now my left lower leg, foot and ankle get burning needles sticking by the hundreds. This along with my balance problem makes it hard to stand sometimes. Thank god I got this wheelchair to use.
I know the change in weather affects us all. I just needed to vent...

alt1268 10-03-2011 02:39 PM

I got one more to add to the cold weather. cold weather and rain. Wow! my foot is past pain, I think its numb, either that or I am from all the pain med. Lol. There with you.:hug:

Russell 10-03-2011 04:12 PM

Oooo rain!,
I forgot to mention it. I could get a job as a rain forecaster...

alt1268 10-03-2011 04:14 PM

If you take the job as the forecastor, that only leaves one position open for me. In maternity as the stork. (one leg) lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 811690)
Oooo rain!,
I forgot to mention it. I could get a job as a rain forecaster...

SandyRI 10-03-2011 04:23 PM

I have found that a warm water therapy pool can be really helpful when the weather starts getting cold. Our city has one that is kept at 93 degrees or higher. I used to go the year I was home on sick leave all the time -sometimes it was the only way I could get warm.

You can also find warm water therapy pools at some YMCA's, Physical Therapy offices, Sr. Centers, etc.

alt1268 10-03-2011 04:33 PM

Sandy, you are right. My husband did a side job and got a hot tub given to us for payment. Problem is now the dog ate the cover. teehee! just being goofy today.
love ya.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyRI (Post 811695)
I have found that a warm water therapy pool can be really helpful when the weather starts getting cold. Our city has one that is kept at 93 degrees or higher. I used to go the year I was home on sick leave all the time -sometimes it was the only way I could get warm.

You can also find warm water therapy pools at some YMCA's, Physical Therapy offices, Sr. Centers, etc.

AintSoBad 10-04-2011 09:08 PM

I'm the same as all with the weather changes, although two days ago, was the first time I turned the A/C OFF! (even though, like me, it was just blowing air)!

I worked at it all day, and I was DETERMINED, to knock some things off of my calander! And, I did. I love the fact that I can WALK to a few stores, I went to my pharmacy last week, and forgot ALEVE, and TUMS. So, I went there for them today. And, took the long way home!
I call it, 'RSD INERTIA'. If you just sit, that's where you will stay. If You get up and move, walk, you can do that!
And, guess what?
YOU CAN DO THAT!
Use it, Lose it!

I was determined to use it, and, I've even made reservations w/ a friend to get down to the DelMarVa Penninsula, St. Michaels, etc. and do some 'little town walking'.
Eat some of the season's Biggest Crabs!
And, sweet corn! YUM!

I don't care if I get ill. I'll take something with me for that!

But, dernit, I'm gonna do it!

And, I hope you ALL can do something similar, before the winter really sets in, and even after! We gotta keep these bodies moving!

Be well, Ya'll!

Pete

asb

Russell 10-05-2011 06:57 AM

A nice warm whirlpool sounds so good to me. Almost makes me want to fill the tub and fasten a model boat outboard motor to the side, ha ha ha.
Sang if yourdog ate your whirlpool liner maybe you should give it some tupperware bowls for biscuits, ha ha ha....

alt1268 10-05-2011 05:52 PM

You know I was just thinking about the hot tub. I had to spend around a grand to get it up and running, which my dr. is all for. Think wc would reimburse? (doubtful)

Russell 10-05-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alt1268 (Post 812306)
You know I was just thinking about the hot tub. I had to spend around a grand to get it up and running, which my dr. is all for. Think wc would reimburse? (doubtful)

Pool party! ha ha ha:yahoo: