NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   What type of CRPS are you - I or II? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/158440-type-crps-ii.html)

peppermintpatty 10-03-2011 09:54 AM

What type of CRPS are you - I or II?

I'm just wondering... it seems to me that most of y'all have Type I. Am I the only one on here with Type II? If you have Type II, what kind of injury did you have (if you don't mind saying)? Has your CRPS spread?

Russell 10-03-2011 10:30 AM

Mine was a truck accident.
Avoiding the car that cut me off caused me to crash my semi truck through the side barrier of a bridge and fall 25 ft. and crashed onto the road below.
It's suspected that my RSD was caused when the EMS tried to twist my arm in place which was snapped in two just above the elbow. When they twisted it back nerve damage was done...

peppermintpatty 10-03-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 811586)
Mine was a truck accident.
Avoiding the car that cut me off caused me to crash my semi truck through the side barrier of a bridge and fall 25 ft. and crashed onto the road below.
It's suspected that my RSD was caused when the EMS tried to twist my arm in place which was snapped in two just above the elbow. When they twisted it back nerve damage was done...

Oh, that sounds horrible! I'm so sorry to hear that but glad that you survived.

I'm guessing yours is a Type I then?

Russell 10-03-2011 11:33 AM

Yeah, I guess so. I just like chatting..........lol

alt1268 10-03-2011 02:42 PM

Peppermint patty,

mine is a 2. I fell and had mutliple fractures and a spiral fracture of the long bone. (tibia). Thinking back I had a problem with the temporary cast they put on after the reduction and before the surgery. Felt like my foot was being rubbed raw.
Anita

peppermintpatty 10-03-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alt1268 (Post 811652)
Peppermint patty,

mine is a 2. I fell and had mutliple fractures and a spiral fracture of the long bone. (tibia). Thinking back I had a problem with the temporary cast they put on after the reduction and before the surgery. Felt like my foot was being rubbed raw.
Anita

Ouch! So what happened to your nerve? Was it severed entirely? Which nerve is it?

alt1268 10-03-2011 03:02 PM

No severed nerve. (not that anyone told me), but when I had the plate and screws removed by another doctor. 8 months later I had a baseball size of scar tissue in the ankle joint and the superficial nerve was strangled by scar tissue. Now it looks like the sural nerve may have issues as well. Don't understand how it jumps nerves or gains nerves, but it stinks. As you are aware.;)

peppermintpatty 10-03-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alt1268 (Post 811660)
As you are aware.;)

All too well. :rolleyes:

Russell 10-03-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alt1268 (Post 811660)
No severed nerve. (not that anyone told me), but when I had the plate and screws removed by another doctor. 8 months later I had a baseball size of scar tissue in the ankle joint and the superficial nerve was strangled by scar tissue. Now it looks like the sural nerve may have issues as well. Don't understand how it jumps nerves or gains nerves, but it stinks. As you are aware.;)

Anita,
Was there a medical reason for removing the plate and screws? I still have the plate and screws in my wrist. I'm too chicken (lol) to get it removed if I don't have to...

SandyRI 10-03-2011 04:10 PM

I am Type I, rotator cuff tear. Injured in Nov 2006, first surgery 5/07, second one 4/08, diagnosed 6/08. First k infusion in 4/10.