NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Worst Hospital Exp. Part 2 (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/158591-worst-hospital-exp-2-a.html)

Motors Mommy 10-05-2011 03:24 PM

Worst Hospital Exp. Part 2

Since last writing to you...I have been trying to recupperate on my own and muddling through. Im so fed up with the health care field on a whole.
I dont have a PCP for this same reason. Went back to the surgeon today and he was??? bewildered? He has never run into such a case? Maybe Im allergic to the vicryl sutures? dermabond? He was more concerned about the fact that I slept so long especially after waking up. he said something to the effect of most people dont have to deal with all the diseases I do and he thinks Im patient. me..patient:eek: Yeah, I have to be patient..esp. wih all the quacks running around!!!

Enough about that. My skin is peeling off where my sutures were. My tummy
is sensitive to the touch. I m facing horrible diarrhea. My head is kiling me and nausea. Fibro, MS, degenerative disc, osteopenia, Ibs and countless others are in full swing!!!!

So onward and upwards we go.

Thanks to everyone for caring!!

~MM~

Kitty 10-05-2011 03:30 PM

My goodness, MM, you've surely got a full plate. :hug: I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much especially after surgery. Do you have someone to help you with your children?

It's always hard to discover that the very doctors we depend on to give us answers are sometimes stumped themselves as to what is the matter with us.

I really hope you get to feeling better soon. And please steer clear of that hospital if you have to have any more procedures done. They're clearly not capable of handling even the most common of ailments.

Motors Mommy 10-05-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 812261)
My goodness, MM, you've surely got a full plate. :hug: I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much especially after surgery. Do you have someone to help you with your children?

LOL....not really...hubby and I are seperated for this reason and others!! He says he didnt sign up to be a caregiver. All other family on east coast

TwoKidsTwoCats 10-05-2011 04:22 PM

Wow... makes one think twice before having surgery!! So sorry you've had such a rough and scarey time with this. :hug:

Is there any chance that you could be allergic to latex? My mother-in-law is. She had some dental surgery and did not know she had the latex allergy. Her face, lips, gums, ... any place touched by the dentist latex gloves peeled and itched like crazy. At first they thought she had shingles it was so bad.

Years later she was being prepped for back surgery and she remembered to tell the nurse just as they were wheeling her into surgery that she is allergic to latex! They had to completely change out everything in the surgical suite.. the gloves, suture materials, tubes for IVs and the breathing tubes and masks. Apparently the non-latex versions are so much more expensive that they don't use them unless the patient is allergic.

I hope you mend quickly and completely! Good luck finding a doc that will actually figure this out for you. :hug:

doydie 10-05-2011 11:43 PM

Wow, you have it rough. It reminds me of my sister in law. She was fine until she had a hysterectomy and she hasn't had a day since that she wasn't sick. The only thing she developed a good many years later was fibromyalgia.

poormommy 10-06-2011 05:58 AM

MM, I don't have a lot of advice, just want to send hugs (gentle hugs). It amazes me that there are people in this world that have the nerve to say "I didn't sign up to be a caregiver". What did they think for better or worse meant, a cold? I hope he!! has a special place for those people.

I hope you feel better soon!:grouphug:

Motors Mommy 10-06-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats (Post 812269)

Is there any chance that you could be allergic to latex? My mother-in-law is. She had some dental surgery and did not know she had the latex allergy. Her face, lips, gums, ... any place touched by the dentist latex gloves peeled and itched like crazy. At first they thought she had shingles it was so bad.

Yes, I am allergic to latex, contrast dyes, morphine....there is a whole list; which I gave them and repeated to everyone I saw.

MM