NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   We Have So Little Control Over Our Lives (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/158781-little-control-lives.html)

NeuroNixed Craig 10-09-2011 04:58 AM

We Have So Little Control Over Our Lives

It's been way too long since I've had a chance to come by and I apologize for that to each of you.

It seems I can no longer keep up with the basic daily demands and end up crashing for up to 14 hours at a time. Not to mention some addition and unrelated health challenges which have cropped up unexpectedly. I've progressed so rapidly in the last 45 days the family reunion we've been planning for 3 years to go to Disney World this month is here. BUT! I have been told explicitly regarding my traveling, "Definitely NOT," by my doctors.

This week has been tough with the sudden loss of Steve Jobs, my age and choking up when I even think I will never see Disney World again. Life is what it is and what will be will be. I'm just very happy my wife got her trip to Hawaii and a cruise in before I reached this point.

While they are gone I will be home by myself with my two dogs. I do have a couple of guys from church to check on me twice a day. God forbid I die and decompose for a whole week before my wife gets home to find me. THAT would be a definite "Dyson Moment!" I know, sick sense of humor.

Looking at the postings, you guys have been very busy going in all sorts of direction. I only wish the best for all of you. I hope to see you again soon.

Kitty 10-09-2011 06:56 AM

You've been in my thoughts and prayers, Craig. :hug: I'm so sorry you can't make the family reunion trip. You can hang out here with us. We're always here and we're real good listeners. :)

kicker 10-09-2011 07:07 AM

Craig,

I want to say don't but don't have that control, I know that. You've become more important than Steve Jobs (who I have cried about) in my immediate life. Ah Craig.

I have your book in my Kindle. A little piece of Craig.

mrsD 10-09-2011 07:21 AM

Craig, I am always saddened when I read posts like this.

Your strength, generosity, and positive attitude is very apparent in your posts, and therefore very encouraging to others here who read them.

I may not respond to every post of yours, but I do read them and find your courage commendable. :hug:

I hope you are not in pain, and are still able to get around your home at least? I am so sorry you could not make that trip that you so desired. :hug:

Dejibo 10-09-2011 07:50 AM

I pray for you everyday Mr. Craig. but, I thnk you already knew that. ((hugs)) :hug:

SallyC 10-09-2011 02:37 PM

(((((Craig))))), you sweet little hunk, I love you and also pray, for you and all here, every day. Twice a day, actually..morn & night.:)

Church peeps..:eek:?? I think you should have a couple of cabanna girls taking care of you, whilst DW deserts you..:D:p:D

Thank you so much for your great personality, humor and wisdom here with us. And thank you for your book ( "a piece of Craig" ).:hug:

tkrik 10-10-2011 11:08 AM

Craig - I'm sorry to hear you could not go on the trip.:(:hug: Although I have not been planing an big trip such as yours (nor as important as a family reunion) but I have had to miss small little trips and other opportunities. Do you have the ability to Skype or something like that with your family members while they are away?

Also, you are very fortunate and lucky to have the people from church coming by a couple of times a day. Many people do not have that. That is a true blessing and I hope you enjoy your visits with them.

As for your humor, I get your humor and giggled at your comment. But, you cannot do that to your DW as 1) guilt would overcome her and 2) it would not smell pretty and no one wants to come home from a long trip to that. :p j/k (My own sick humor). On the otherhand, I know what you are saying and it's even harder when we don't feel good. I have had my days with similar kinds of thoughts - during my last flare from he!!. They actually scared me as I have never had thoughts like that.

Anyhow, do something fun while everyone is away. Watch a movie that you normally wouldn't when everyone is there. I know that when DBF is gone, it's chick flick haven here. :D

Hang in there Craig!!! We're all here for you just as you have been here for us.:hug:

Debbie D 10-10-2011 02:47 PM

(((:hug::hug:))) So sorry to hear you're not able to go see Mickey and the gang...and still you post such beautiful encouraging things on FB...what a wonder and a blessing you are to each of us!!

sabimax 10-10-2011 09:21 PM

Big Hugs too, have not been on here as of late much... busy with work then resting to make it back to work... and kids and overwhelmed life....

I am also sorry you could not make your family trip... SAlly has the cabana girl idea.. woohoooo

Sorry I know when we have to cut back on things in life it hurts... and it is hard.... hgsssss, sarah